Fans of the critically acclaimed 2008 title Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, have a good reason to brush off the dust the game has gathered. The stealth title has received a patch adding Trophy support, after the masses made their voices heard. While adding a jam-packed Trophy list, the upcoming patch for Metal Gear Solid 4 will also allow players to fully install the game, making the waiting process between chapters a thing of the past. The Trophy support and new install feature come at a hefty price for space however, with the patch amounting to 9GB, according to The Sixth Axis.
The list of trophies rank from your usual easy tasks to the ones that make you want to pull your hair out. For example one Trophy is earned by controlling an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine, or collecting all iPod tracks scattered within the game. Needless to say – you have a lot to do. To get a better understanding of what to expect, you can check out the Trophy list below.
Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophies:
- Bronze – Overhead view — just like old times… Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
- Silver – SUNLIGHT! – Obtained the Solar Gun.
- Silver – I Just Don’t Fear Death – Caused ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.
- Silver – Where I Can See Ya – Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug.
- Silver – Ghost Photography Addict – Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
- Silver – FaceCamo Addict Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).
- Silver – Can you feel my power now!!!? – Took control of an enemy soldier’s body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.
- Silver – Are you an Otaku too? – Viewed all model posters.
- Silver – You’re pretty good. – Got kissed by Ocelot during the last battle.
- Gold- Flashback Mania – Viewed all flashbacks.
- Gold – Sounds of the Battlefield – Obtained all iPod tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).
- Gold – I am THE expert on weapons, equipment and cutting-edge technology. – Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).
- Platinum – The Legendary Hero – Obtained all trophies.
One demanding list to say the least, but you wouldn’t expect less from the guys at Kojima. With the Metal Gear Solid 4 already possessing enough luster to keep you occupied, the addition of these trophies makes the fifth or sixth play through of the game that much more enjoyable. Make sure to let us know your thoughts on the Trophy list in the comment section below.
Via: US PS Blog