NCAA 13 lead producer Jason French took a second the other day to let us know what updates they are working on and how they will affect the game. After listening to the community, two big issues came to light and the immediately started working on a fix. The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn’t change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. The first title update in order to fix these two issues will be released on July 31st.
That was a quick hitter to resolve those two issues, the game’s second update will be out around the end of August. The August update will address a larger array of issues, you can check the full list below.
- Zone Defense has been updated.
- We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
- Improved Deep Half Zone decision-making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
- Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
- No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
- Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
- CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
- Change the logic of man defenders so they don’t run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
- Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
- Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
- Fixed sideline streak routes so they don’t get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
- Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
- Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
- Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the “Allow Time Savers” setting was turned off.
- Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
- In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
- Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
- Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
- Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
- Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
In addition, they will be adding a “Uniform Store” to the game. In the past, they have had a cut off of mid-April for uniform submissions but with the introduction of the “Uniform Store” they will be able to deliver updated uniforms during the season (Oh Oregon). If it’s an update to a team’s default uniform, you will get those uniforms at no additional charge, via download in the store if and when available.
So there you have it folks, any other things that need to be fixed that aren’t in the list above?