Rugby League videogames are few and far between on consoles these days with the ones that do get released not living up to the expectations of the fans. Tru Blu Entertainment hopes to buck the trend with the announcement that Rugby League Live 2 is in development and should be released later this year. It will be available for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 with the Australian gaming studio Big Ant Studios handling the development duties.
“The demand for a new Rugby League game on PS3 and Xbox 360 has been staggering. We have listened to our fans and we are delighted to make this announcement”, said Tru Blu Entertainment’s Managing Director, Sebastian Giompaolo. I am looking forward to this so much and I hope that it recreates the amazing sport that is rugby league. We here at ZKG will give you more information when we have it but for now please look at the list of currently announced features for the game:
- A Multitude of Licensed Leagues & Teams: NRL, Super League, Cooperative Championships, NSW & QLD cups, Toyota Cup, Rep teams, Australian, English and New Zealander Internationals.
- 34 high detail stadia from Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
- Dynamic Field Wear & Tear: Grass wears away in areas of action.
- Unique Mud & Sweat: Players accumulate mud on their bodies specifically where they hit the field. Players sweat based on their exertion level.
- Dynamic Tackling System: Fend and break tackle your way past multiple defenders.
- Tactical Passing: Perform defensive or attacking passes to best exploit your opponents.
- Strategic Defense: Set up to increase the likelihood of one, two or three-man, tackles.
- Spectacular High Ball Catching: Soar high to catch the ball or tap it to team mates.
- Create Custom Teams and Players in the fully featured Footy Factory and share them online.
- Competitive or co-operative multiplayer matches with up to eight players (four a side) online.
- Massive 10-Year Career Mode: sign sponsors, hire top flight coaching staff, negotiate player contracts and set player training programs & intensity to build the ultimate team.
- Experience System: Earn badges and experience both online and off to rise to the top of the leaderboards.
- Double-barreled expert commentary from Andrew Voss and Phil ‘Gus’ Gould.