So when we published our review of Call Of Duty: Black Ops we noted that while multiplayer was much improved it still had its issues. It looks like Treyarch realized this too and got an update out as soon as possible to address some of the issues that many of us have been experiencing. There have been several people complaining of issues when they installed the update, but at this point it appears to not be a widespread problem.
The 1.03 patch for Call Of Duty: Black Ops provides:
- Improved matchmaking makes finding and connecting to a match much faster
- Improved matchmaking also ensures that players are more properly matched to games with the best networking conditions
- Improved host selection ensures that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby which should cut down on the number of host migrations
- Improved party system to keep your party from getting disbanded, this was especially difficult before the patch as your team members wouldn’t even always show up blue on your HUD so it was hard to coordinate any kind of tactics.
- Disables the ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games (people were getting put into these game modes by accident and didn’t realize it)
- Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed film uploads
- Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All-Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
- Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
- Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps, gunfire, bomb plants/defuses
- Additional online security enhancements
- (PS3 Only) Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – should improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends
This is a decent sized list, but we know its not everything. So you tell us, what other issues are still outstanding that you want Treyarch to address in the next update.