Publisher: Sony Online Entertainment
Developer: SOE Seattle
Genre: MMOFPS / Stealth
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system
Launch Date: 2010
Rating: “RP” for Rating Pending
Have you ever wanted to be a spy? Well, soon you’ll be able to be. In the upcoming Massive Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter, The Agency. Built from the ground up for the Playstation 3, this title will allow gamers to live out some of the greatest experiences international espionage has to offer.
Taking the role of agent in either U.N.I.T.E or ParaGON, players will be offered various means of playing through numerous missions any way they choose to do so. Whether a gamer wants to be stealthy or go in guns blazing, The Agency will have it all from bombs to bullets and the eventual betrayal or two. Instant action and long term strategy come together for the next great MMO experience from Sony Online Entertainment.
• Live the Life of an Elite Agent: The Agency requires spy world skills in combat, stealth, and style. Players jet around the globe to exotic locales picking up intel, forming networks and taking out criminal masterminds for a multitude of unique missions with numerous goals. With gameplay ranging from sneaky infiltration to all out firefight assaults, there’s something for every aspiring agent.
• Fun Now, No Waiting: The Agency blends the action of shooter gameplay with the persistence of an online virtual world. At any point, PS3 or PC players can jump right in and frag opponents in head-to-head combat or advance the ranks in a rich story packed with exciting missions.
• Mercenary or Spy – the Choice is Yours: Operate as a slick super spy or a gritty mercenary, administering arms deals, executing assassinations, managing espionage, counter intelligence, and more. Collect the right weaponry, gadgets, gear, attire and aliases to gain access to numerous locales and influence over the people within them.
• Put Operatives to work: Operatives are collectible non-player characters who provide the goods and services players desire, and the in-mission support to keep them alive. Operatives work 24/7 to help players concentrate on the mission at hand. Trade them with friends or sell them to the highest bidder.
• Build Your Own Agency: As players advance through the ranks of their faction, they’ll also begin building their own Agencies. Players increase their power even further by creating Joint Agencies with others.