Publisher: 2K Games
Developer: Gearbox Software
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Games for Windows®
ESRB Rating: M for Mature
Release Date: October 20, 2009
Web Site: http://www.borderlandsthegame.com
Borderlands is a highly anticipated original intellectual property from Gearbox Software, creators of the acclaimed Brothers in Arms franchise. Featuring extensive co-op integration that seamlessly blends the single player and multiplayer experiences, Borderlands will allow players to freely join or leave each other’s games at any time for collaborative mayhem or the freedom to choose to play in full single player mode to experience the world on their own. Borderlands will also include a groundbreaking content generation system that adds nearly infinite variety in the amount of weapons that are available to the player. These features, along with addictive nonstop action, will combine to form a breakthrough experience that challenges the conventions of modern shooters and RPGs.
I gotta be honest I still don’t quite know what to make of this one, it looks like it has some interesting components but it will all depend on how they deliver it as to whether its done well and is smart and witty or done not so well and is crude and over the top vulgar. I am not making any judgments right now, I’ll wait till I get my hands on it.
- FPS Action Meets RPG Character Progression: Players can choose from one of four distinct characters and earn experience and gain proficiency in a number of specialties as they do battle with enemies. Upgrades can be invested in a wide variety of special abilities, allowing players to create a fully customized character that is tailored to their playing style
- Co-op Engineered Game Design: Borderlands is built from the ground-up to be an exciting and intuitive co-operative multiplayer experience that rewards players for investing in specific co-op skills
- Radical New Art Style: Fresh and exciting new visual style combines traditional rendering techniques with hand-drawn textures to paint a unique and eye-catching spin on the First Person Shooter genre
- Gun Lust: Choose from an arsenal of hundreds of thousands of weapons, each with their unique manufacturers, specifications and advantages. A revolutionary new content generation system produces almost infinite tools of destruction
- Intense Vehicular Combat: Get behind the wheel of and engage in intense vehicle-to-vehicle combat, complete with extensive damage modeling and spectacular explosions
- Next Big Original IP From Gearbox Software: Experience the action and creativity derived from the pedigree of one of gaming’s most consistent and respected developers
[flashvideo file=http://zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/flv/zkgblwptrailer.flv /]