Dark Void is a sci-fi action-adventure game that combines an adrenaline-fueled blend of aerial and ground-pounding combat. Set in a parallel universe called “The Void,” players take on the role of Will, a pilot dropped into incredible circumstances within the mysterious Void. This unlikely hero soon finds himself swept into a desperate struggle for survival, joining forces with a rebel human group called The Survivors. Trapped in the Void, these resistance fighters are battling to hold off a mysterious alien race that plans to threaten Earth.
Can’t we talk about this?
Dark Void’s unique combination of jetpack-booster aerial dog fighting and third-person combat creates a thrilling new gameplay dynamic to the third-person shooter experience. Taking 3D action to a whole new level, Dark Void’s unique vertical combat system allows players to dangle from thousand foot drops as they take cover and hurl enemies to their doom, bringing a whole new sense of tension and thrill to the player. Will is also equipped with a powerful rocket pack which allows for fierce in-air combat, hurtling through the Void at blistering speeds while shooting down anything that gets in his path.
- Sci-Fi action/adventure combines aerial and on-foot combat for a totally unique third-person shooter experience
- Will’s jetpack delivers total freedom of movement allowing players to race against UFOs in high-speed chases and rain death from above onto unsuspecting otherworldly foes
- Speed and scale unmatched by any other action title: send Will zipping through tight corridors and then out into immense canyons and futuristic geoscapes
Just going for a quiet stroll, well kinda.
- Gravity-defying vertical combat system, where moving up is the only way to bring your enemies down
- Seamless transition between jetpack flight, ship-to-ship dog fighting and third-person shoot-‘em-up action all exists within the same level – not broken up into different “areas”
- Unique grip system that allows the players to scale walls by jumping from surface to surface and hijack UFO’s while in mid-air
- Huge bosses that require fast reflexes and aerial barnstorming maneuvers to defeat them
We have got to say that Dark Void is an interesting title with a lot of complex components. They are attempting to combine the elements of several different games into one cohesive and satisfying title and while I hope they can I have my doubts. The things that they are trying to accomplish in one title are things that entire games have been built around separately. If they can bring it all together Dark Void might be one of the surprises of the year. With the masterpiece that was Resident Evil 5 and how Capcom gave that series a major reboot that turned out to be great for gamers, I won’t bet against them if they bring that same creativity and freshness to Dark Void. The game itself has a lot of components that we wish we would have seen in Ironman and it may give us what we wish we would have gotten from that title. Now lets check out some game footage.
[flashvideo file=http://zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/flv/zkgdvcombat.flv ageGate=”19″ /]
Some great combat video.
[flashvideo file=http://zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/flv/zkgdvflight.flv ageGate=”19″ /]
Check out this flight footage.