It’s time to do your part in the action packed battles of the World War II Pacific campaign! Pick your path – be it as a rifleman crawling the trenches, a steel fisted tank commander, or ace fighter pilot dog fighting to protect the skies. Play as a lone wolf or with your friends, coordinating to turn the tide of battle. Whatever you choose, you get to enjoy the thrill of a fully featured online shooter with the unique Battlefield gameplay.
Just a quick fly by.
Battlefield 1943 will be available on Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network and on PC for download. This gives players access to the famous action packed Battlefield gameplay quicker and easier than it’s ever been. Play as the US Marines or the Imperial Japanese Navy on match-made servers for optimal challenge, as you gain ranks and awards. Battlefield 1943 is your own version of one of the most famous campaigns in the history of the world!
- By Land, Sea, & Air! – Unleash wide destruction with Bombing Raids, Tanks, or Fighter Planes launched from Aircraft Carriers and enjoy one of the best vehicle experiences in any multiplayer game to-date!
- Varied Locations & Up to 24 Players – Play with 24 players online in four beautiful and destructible locations from the Pacific theatre. Whether you choose Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, or Wake Island or Coral Sea, you’ll experience the best balance of infantry combat complemented by land, sea and air vehicles. When the game releases, it will include three maps (Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, and Wake Island), plus a fourth bonus map called Coral Sea, which will be rewarding as an unlockable community achievement.
- Community Challenge – Battlefield 1943 will kick off a worldwide community challenge that, when achieved, will reward players by unlocking a fourth map called Coral Sea. The WWII Coral Sea map will be unlocked when the multiplayer community achieves 43M kills on Xbox Live and the same number on PlayStation®Network.
The multiplayer on this is going to crazy.
- Air Superiority Game Mode – An all-new mode is available in the Coral Sea unlockable bonus map. Two aircraft carriers supply your team with all the F4U Corsair and Zero fighters you’ll need, as you conquest to control the skies in this airplanes-only map
- Frostbite-Enabled Destruction – Watch as the beautiful Pacific islands quickly turn into scarred battlefields as destruction rains upon you and your fellow soldiers as you fight to win the battle!
- Through The Gun Experience – Use classic and iconic WWII infantry weapons with excellent feel to defeat your foes. Hit’em hard from afar through your sniper scope or use explosives or melee weapons like bayonets to make it really up close and personal.
Battlefield 1943 brings the outrageous multiplayer battles of WWII from the PC to consoles for the first time. Lots of people get this title confused with the Battlefield: Modern Combat that came out for the original Xbox or Battlefield: Bad Company that came out on the next gens last year but none of them are related. We can’t wait to take the fight online and battle it out with 23 very unlucky folks. In any case the battle starts Summer 2009.
[flashvideo file=http://zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/flv/zkgbf1943iwo.flv /]
Welcome to Iwo Jima
[flashvideo file=http://zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/flv/zkgbf1943wake.flv /]
Welcome to Wake Island