So by now all our fellow PS3 gamers are probably banging their heads against the wall due to the PSN outage which means no chatting with friends and no online multiplayer action. This isn’t a familiar place for most of us PS3 owners to be in, I mean while you can still play the single player campaigns in most games if you’re a multiplayer junkie then its just not the same.
By now most of you have probably beaten the single player campaigns in SOCOM 4 and Portal 2 and you were probably hoping to be getting lost in their multiplayer components right about now. Yep, you should be sitting in front of your TV with some snacks, a cold drink, and possibly a few friends having a hell of a time but you’re not. Nope instead you are sitting there reading this and while we appreciate all our readers we know we aren’t your first choice on a Friday night. So to help you guys out and ourselves a little bit we came up with the Top 5 things you can do while PSN is down, check them out and feel free to add more of your own.
5. Go See A Movie – Yep you remember when you used to go to the place with that big screen and popcorn on a Friday night, non-gamers still do that kind of thing you know. This week’s new movies are kind of slim with Madea’s Big Happy Family, African Cats and Water For Elephants all hitting the screen. If none of those tickle your fancy, we hear Hanna, Scream 4 and Rio are pretty good.
4. Go Old School Game Night – So look its probably been years since most of us have considered playing a non-electronic game as part of a Friday game night but this might be the opportunity for a throwback. When will you get a better chance to pull out a game of Monopoly, Battleship, or LIFE. Some of you reading this are probably like what the hell are those? In any case, it might be fun to do just make sure whoever is the banker is a trustworthy individual, you remember the fight that broke out after the last Monopoly night.
3. Read A Book – We don’t care whether it’s on a Kindle, iPad or dare I say a real live book, just pick something up and read it. So often in today’s world of shiny things and mind numbing little games we forget that the simple act of reading a good book is one of life’s true pleasures. You have some time now, rediscover it.
2. Call Up An Old Friend – How about calling up an old friend of yours? Personally, I find myself caught up so much in the hustle and bustle of the day-to-day sometime that I forget to stay in touch with some really awesome friends. Take this time to reconnect with some old friends, call them up just to see how they are doing. Oh yeah if you happen to call up an ex, just please do it while you’re sober lol.
1. Stay Right Here And Continue Reading More Great ZoKnowsGaming Content – As you all know we work hard for you guys around here. We do it because we love gaming and technology and we feel like somebody should be out there saying what’s what for the gamers. It takes a lot to write and then post it for the world to see, but you guys are always awesome and you are a big part of why we keep doing what we do. So hang around a bit, check out our latest reviews, trailers, and news. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed.