So here is something that I bet a lot of you haven’t seen yet, well maybe a few of you have if you read the site regularly. A few weeks back we did a Heavy Rain preview and in that preview there were a lot of never before seen facts about the game and the article was actually based on the game’s official fact sheet. Then today we got to thinking, how many people might have missed it because they thought it was info they have seen before because it wasn’t clearly marked as the game’s fact sheet and so we decided to post the actual fact sheet and title it as such so folks know exactly what they are about to see. As far as I can tell from looking around, nobody else really has this info yet so its a bit of a coup I suppose. Usually the big sites get this info well before a smaller site like us but sometimes we get them so I can pretty well say with certainty that you won’t find this info anywhere else, at least not for a few minutes :) and that’s cool.
Anyway, enough talking check out the Official Heavy Rain Factsheet.
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: Quantic Dream
Players: Single player
Launch Date: TBD
Rating: “RP” for “Rating Pending”
Developed by Quantic Dream, creators of the critically acclaimed Indigo Prophecy for PS2, Heavy Rain is a Hollywood-style cinematic adventure that takes players on a journey through a dark and sophisticated film noir thriller. Exclusive to the PS3, Heavy Rain challenges the videogame convention by introducing original and innovative content that engages players emotionally, explores the potential of interactive storytelling, and creates a new gaming format for an adult audience.
Heavy Rain is an ambitious project that tells a complex story through contextual actions and realistic visuals. Embracing the idea of “interactive storytelling,” the game is built around an emotive and compelling proposition: ‘How far would you go to save someone you love?’ The game’s story changes based on each an individual’s actions, and each player will be faced with a variety of choices and consequences that will take them on an emotional rollercoaster. As players will discover throughout the game, the smallest actions can have dramatic consequences, as every act and decision will have a tangible impact on the fate of the characters.
- Emotional Experience – Player decisions are rooted in emotion, decision-making, and overall story. The game’s technology and realism help to engage emotional attachment as players progress through the game.
- Bending Storylines – ‘Bending Storylines’ heighten the immersion and tension, raising the stakes of players’ choices and actions and delivering a more engaging and immersive experience.
- Film Quality Narrative – Heavy Rain brings a high-quality story filled with tension, emotion, intrigue, and dramatic twists.
- Accessibility – Heavy Rain combines sophisticated themes/tone/content with intuitive gameplay that caters to casual as well as hardcore gaming fans.
- Hollywood production values – From the length of the script, to the musical score, to the number of hours of motion capture, Heavy Rain is a vast and ambitious project that delivers a true film noir feel as well as production values that rival a cinematic experience.
- An auteur of videogaming’ – Writer, director, and studio head David Cage is the vision behind Heavy Rain – pushing at the boundaries of video gaming with a new approach that places narrative and emotion at the forefront.