Crytek and Deep Silver have announced Homefront: The Revolution, a captivating new free-roaming FPS set to be released in 2015.
Coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Mac and Linux in 2015, Homefront: The Revolution throws players into a near future dystopia. Catastrophic events have brought the United States to its knees and enabled the Korean People’s Army forces to impose a brutal military occupation. Trapped in this American nightmare, Philadelphia has become a police state, where surveillance drones and armored patrols keep her once-proud citizens at heel, crushing any dissent with totalitarian force. I for one am happy to see a follow up to the original Homefront which I thought was one of the better shooters of 2011, it had a gripping story and very solid gameplay, though it did struggle online for quite a bit at the beginning. When THQ went out of business, I was thrilled that Crytek managed to get involved with it because of their history of shooter excellence with the Crysis franchise and more recently Warface. I don’t know if the staff working on this can maintain the raw emotion that the first game captured so brilliantly, but based on this early look and description, it has the potential to be something epic.
To overcome their oppressors, players will have to engage in guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics in thrilling un-scripted firefights. At every turn they’ll find a sprawling open-world city, in which recruiting fellow revolutionaries and building improvised homebrew weapons are just two of the keys to creating a powerful resistance force.
- Wage Guerrilla Warfare – this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
- Build the Resistance – recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customize a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
- Ignite the Revolution – from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
- Online Co-Op – take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution
- Explore a dynamic and responsive open world – experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with dynamic weather and day and night cycles enabled by astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
On the ground, players will encounter a dynamic environment that looks and feels truly alive as day turns to night and storm clouds come and go – an authenticity that extends to the strikingly lifelike expressions, skin and clothing of everyone they encounter. The Resistance flourishes far beyond the single player. Homefront: The Revolution supports up to four players in online Co-Op gameplay where you form your own resistance cell and become renowned as Heroes of the Revolution.
Homefront: The Revolution represents the first time Crytek and Deep Silver have worked together, with the two partners collaborating to release the game as part of a co-publishing agreement.
To find out more about the Homefront: The Revolution, visit www.homefront-game.com.