Naughty Dogs critically acclaimed The Last Of Us has been confirmed by Sony to be coming to the PS4 this summer. Just recently PlayStation Turkey’s VP Sercan Sulun leaked The Last Of Us would be coming to the new system.
On PS4, The Last of Us Remastered will come in full 1080p with a goal of 60 FPS along with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements. In addition to all the technical updates, it will also include an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring Creative Director and Writer, Neil Druckmann; Voice Actor, Troy Baker, who plays Joel; and BAFTA Award winning Voice Actress, Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.
And just in case you were wondering, all the major content releases for the PS3 version will be included with The Last of Us Remastered:
- Left Behind single player expansion
- Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack
- Reclaimed Territories pack – details will be coming soon on exactly what is included
You can preorder The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 right now from many of your favorite retailers and receive these preorder bonuses:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
If you preorder on the PlayStation Store, you will receive three extra preorder bonuses to unlocks in Factions multiplayer:
- Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
- Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
- Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
Now that we’ve finally gotten the official announcement out of the way, we’ll be keeping you updated regularly about The Last of Us Remastered until it releases Summer 2014.
Sony Worldwide President Shuhei Yoshida sent out this tweet by the SCEA PR Team,
"SCEA can confirm The Last of Us Remastered is coming to PS4, and we'll be sharing more details with you shortly." – by SCEA PR team
— Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) April 9, 2014