Crystal Dynamics has announced that Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on January 28th, 2014. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is a fully re-built version featuring an obsessively detailed Lara and a fully realized lifelike world.
Lara Croft presented in unprecedented high-definition detail:
- An all new Lara model created to take advantage of the power of next-gen consoles
- TRESS FX technology that delivers realistic hair simulation and motion with every strand being physically active
- Shader and lighting reworked to showcase the raw physicality of Lara’s journey through sweat, mud, and blood materials and effects
A physical world put in motion thanks to brand new hardware architecture:
- The world has been dynamically brought to life using complex physical world simulation on trees, foliage, cloth, weather, lighting and effects
- All texture resolutions have been created at 4x resolution for maximum resolution and detail
- In-game characters, enemies and destructability have been enhanced for added depth and realism
- Subsurface scattering technology implemented to capture the most physically accurate lighting simulation and deliver a great sense of believability
- Native 1080p gameplay gives outstanding visual fidelity and showcases the beauty of Yamatai in all its high-definition glory
The Definitive Edition includes all of the original downloadable content, plus digital versions of the Dark Horse comic, Brady Games mini-art book and the Final Hours developer videos. Customers who pre-order will receive special art book packaging featuring never-before-seen concept art.
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will be available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 January 28th, 2014, priced at $59.99.