Best Buy is rolling out the largest Madden Tournament this year on the PlayStation 4 next Monday, just in time for the holiday season. Starting Monday, Dec. 2, gamers and sports fans across the U.S. will be given the opportunity to compete in Madden NFL 25 gaming tournaments in select Best Buy stores. The tournament series will culminate with the ULTIMATE GAMERS SHOWDOWN finals at AT&T Stadium in Dallas, Texas, on Monday, Dec. 16, where local winners from each market will come together and go head-to-head on the world’s largest HD screen. In addition, each market will feature the best of the best in professional gaming as well as the best professional athlete Madden players including Brandon Jacobs of the New York Giants, Mario Manningham of the San Francisco Giants and Dez Bryant of the Dallas Cowboys.
Specifics on the tournament:
- Registration for store tournament events will be on a first-come first-served basis, and stores will only accept registrations in person on the day of each event. Events will feature 64 people in single player elimination, bracket-style format.
- No purchase or entry fee is required.
- Contestants must be 18 or older (except Alabama and Nebraska residents who must be 19 or older).
- The winner in each market will receive a $1,000 Best Buy gift card and a trip for two (2) to Dallas to compete in the finals, and the runner-up will receive a $500 Best Buy gift card.
- During the store events, customers can stop by to cheer on their friends, witness play-by-play commentary by professional shout casters, meet pro gamers and enter for a chance to win Best Buy gift cards and additional prizes, including the hottest games and newest consoles.
- The Dec. 16 finals at the world famous AT&T stadium will feature special guest appearances to be announced. The contestant who wins the finals competition will receive a $1,500 Best Buy gift card.
For more information on the Best Buy ULTIMATE GAMERS SHOWDOWN competition, please check www.bby.com in the coming weeks and/or follow #GamersShowdown on Twitter
The ULTIMATE GAMERS SHOWDOWN in-store tournament event details are as follows:
New York – Union Square (5-10 p.m.)
San Francisco – 13th & Harrison (5-10 p.m.)
Boston – Braintree (5-10 p.m.)
Los Angeles – West LA/Pico Blvd (5-10 p.m.)
Detroit – Novi (5-10 p.m.)
Chicago – North Avenue (5-10 p.m.)
Minneapolis – Richfield (5-10 p.m.)
Atlanta – Alpharetta (5-10 p.m.)
Dallas – Finals – AT&T Stadium (Invitation only)