Every year when a new version of a popular sports game is released, there is a lot of interest and discussion over which athlete or sportsman will be used on the front cover of the game. In recent years, Madden in particular has taken to opening up the decision to popular vote, and now this year’s NASCAR game, published by Deep Silver, will follow the same route.
Deep Silver has announced that racing fans will get to vote for their favorite driver to be on the cover of NASCAR ’14 in this year’s “Drive for the Cover” campaign, presented by Walmart. Beginning today, Dale Earnhardt Jr., invites fans to participate in the competition by visiting www.driveforthecover.com. Each week, fans can vote to decide which drivers move on and compete to adorn the cover of NASCAR ’14. “Drive for the Cover” will run through the end of the 2013 Sprint Cup season and be updated weekly with the winning drivers facing off against each other.
The fan-chosen winner will be announced in early December during NASCAR Champion’s Week in Las Vegas, with the official unveil of the new NASCAR ’14 packaging.
NASCAR ’14 will contain the following features when it launches early next year on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360:
• NASCAR Highlights: Take advantage of “NASCAR Highlights” to determine the outcome of the biggest race thrills from the season. Eutechnyx recreates the action where the condition of the cars is exact, weather the same, track positions identical – the only difference is you!
• Career Mode: Work your way through the ranks in a comprehensive career mode; complete with custom car builds, sponsor acquisition, and R&D to get your team into victory lane.
• Official Teams & Tracks: Race against the official NASCAR teams & drivers on your favorite tracks from the high banks of Daytona, to the twists & turns of Sonoma, and exhilarating speed of Talladega.
• Leagues: Take competition to the next level and host online leagues with your friends, fully supported by statistics, challenges, rankings and replay.
• Online Multiplayer: Take advantage of dynamic skill-based matchmaking, tournaments, and easy drop in/out server browser functionality for a fair and enjoyable experience.
If you are a NASCAR fan, who would you like to see on the cover of the game? Let us know in the usual place below.