2K games and Firaxis Games have announced that XCOM: Enemy Within, which brings you an expanded experience of the Game of the Year edition XCOM: Enemy Unknown, is set to release this year on November 12th in North America and November 15th worldwide for the PC, XBOX 360, PlayStation 3 and Mac.
XCOM: Enemy Within will take players who experience the game play of Enemy Unknown and add all new abilities, upgrades and weapons, in order to combat new enemy threats. The expansion is said to also include all new maps, tactical and strategic gameplay, and new multiplayer content. With the new expansion, there is no better way to experience XCOM than see and play all the new content that is added to XCOM: Enemy Within. Fans of XCOM will experience up to three to four different playthroughs before encountering all the new material included in XCOM: Enemy Within.
With XCOM: Enemy Within and the amount of new content it will have, it will vastly improve upon the experience of XCOM: Enemy Unknown. XCOM: Enemy Within on the PC and Mac has additional content that can be enjoyed, if players have purchased a copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown. XCOM: Enemy Within will also be available for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 as a standalone pack called XCOM: Enemy Within – Commander Edition. This pack will expand on the experience from XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and will feature the XCOM: Enemy Within content that was previously released for XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
Some of the key features for XCOM: Enemy Within includes:
- New Solider Abilities, allowing players to research a new alien technology that is used to advance the capabilities of the operatives in game.
- All new gene mods, constructed in the Genetics Lab which will physically enhance the operative’s abilities.
- Built in the Cybernetics Lab, MECs can be made to enable construction of the new Mechanized Exoskeletal Cybersuit. The new Trooper Class for the MEC has unique abilities and each of the suits can be upgraded with all types of new weapons such as a flamethrower and a grenade launcher.
- All new weapons and equipment giving operatives an edge, tactically, with all new projects from the engineering team within the Foundry.
- Players will need to adopt brand new tactics in order to counter the threats from brand new enemies, including the Mechtoid.
- Players can gain a valuable new alien resource knows as Meld, that will help players unlock research and upgrades in order to succeed strategically in the game.
- All new tactical challenges and maps.
- Create your very own custom squad, using a wider array of options, and dominate your enemies on all new multiplayer maps in one-on-on, turn-based matches.
XCOM: Enemy Within be available in North America November 12th and November 15th worldwide. PC and Mac versions of the game will be $29.99 and $39.99 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions.