Community-driven indie developer New World Interactive has announced it has reached a new milestone in development, revealing a live Beta for its upcoming, competitive first-person shooter Insurgency, which is now available for sale on Steam. This developmental update brings a newly refined level of detail in all aspects and a massive amount of new content including five new weapons, eight updated maps, a new customizable player class, a new weight system, a new squad-based system, and more. In celebration of the Beta release, Insurgency is on sale right now for 50% off the single unit copy at $9.99, with the four-game Squad Pack at $29.99 (50% off), only on Steam.
In the newly launched Beta, players take to the streets for intense close-quarters combat, where a team’s survival depends upon securing crucial strongholds in 32-player adversarial combat or in six-player cooperative play.
The new Beta showcases a robust feature set packed with hours of intense tactical shooter goodness. Features include:
- 4 multiplayer game modes for up to 32 players.
- 2 co-op game modes with bot support for up to 6 players.
- 20 Weapons – five of which are new: the M249, RPK, UMP45, M1A1 carbine, and the M4A1
- 8 Fully Updated Maps – including Siege, Uprising, Market, District, Heights, Ministry, Contact and Buhriz.
- Customizable player classes
- Weight-based equipment and gear system
- Team-reinforcing objectives
- Simplified HUD and UI
- Scripting system and SDK to support mods
Insurgency’s game modes create a distinctive experience from other first-person-shooters. Capturing objectives prolongs the entire team’s opportunity to achieve victory, while matches often become an epic tug of war as both teams struggle to gain control of all objectives.