Blizzard has shown off the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls expansion at Gamescom and announced a lot of great new info. No matter how hard we try, we just cannot kill Diablo. Diablo’s essence lives on and Tyrael means to hide his essence so that no living soul will ever find it or know about it. Malthael A.K.A. “Death” has plans of his own though. Witness Death as he easily wipes out some Horadrim before taking on Tyrael.
Of course Death isn’t the only new thing introduced in Reaper of Souls. There will also be:
- An all new Act V that introduces new enemies and landscapes to traverse.
- The level cap is increased to 70 and Paragon levels will now be account wide without a level cap, and you will be able to modify your base stats.
- A new artisan will offer you the option to “transmogrify” your equipment, making it look like your favorite equipment that you’ve previously looted. World of Warcraft players will recognize this feature.
- New end game content – Loot Runs are added, said to be a 15-20 minute randomly generated dungeon for all the loot hunters like myself. Blizzard also promises that the loot system will continue to be enhanced, now loot will drop less but be more valuable and wanted.
- Last but not least, the new Crusader class will be playable, check out the gameplay tease in the video below.
The release date for Reaper of Souls has yet to be announced.