The latest game in the Football Manager series, the popular management simulation from Sports Interactive, has officially been announced and will be available on the PC, Mac and for the first time in the history of the series, Linux. There is a pre-order bonus available for those who decide to pre-order Football Manager 2014 on Steam and that is access to the open beta, which is two weeks prior to the game’s launch so the really keen managers amongst you can get a head start.
Below are some of the key improvements that can be found in Football Manager 2014:
- Cloud Saves
- Linux version that will include cross-play
- An improved 3D Match Engine
- A tactical overhaul
- More realistic transfers and contracts
- More sophisticated board interaction
- More complex interaction between staff, players and rival managers
- A revamped news system
- An enhanced user interface
- Evolution for Classic mode
- Additional community features
- Extensive technical improvements
Hopefully these new improvements can make the game to be the best one yet and I might actually buy Football Manager 2014, which would be the first time I have bought a game in the series in four years. No release date has officially been announced but it is expected to be out before Christmas 2013.
Are you looking forward to the release of this and which new feature are you looking forward to the most? Please tell us your thoughts in the comments below.