Deep Silver has announced the first DLC for Metro: Last Light, titled “Faction Pack”. It’s set to release on Steam, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network on July 16th in North America and July 17th for Europe and the rest of the world.
There will be three new missions, each with a different specialist representing their Faction. You will be returning to some classic locations from Metro 2033! Along with new weapons, there will be a returning terrifying foe, and three new challenges.
The three new challenges will be:
- As a Special Detachment Sniper of the Redline, players must infiltrate a heavily guarded Reich Outpost at night, under the cover of a deadly radioactive storm.
- Before defending the Frontline as a Reich ‘Heavy’, armed with some of the most devastating weaponry found in the Metro.
- Lastly, players take the role of a Polis Ranger in training, tasked with exploring the vast Library complex for artifacts and relics. Salvage can be exchanged for ammunition, filters and hazard suits allowing ever deeper exploration into the Library. Rangers are advised to ignite torches and leave a trail of lights, so they can find their way back to the base before their precious oxygen runs out.
The Faction Pack will cost $4.99 or 400 MSP and is the first of the DLC included in the Season Pass. This sounds like a pretty dang good DLC to me. That’s a nice little bit of extra content there. I’m used to seeing only one extra map or mission added and it drives me nuts. Deep Silver also revealed information on future DLC packs:
- The Tower Pack presents a unique experience for seasoned Metro gunslingers – a challenge based game mode, with online Leaderboard support, as players fight their way up the combat simulator known as The Tower
- The Developer Pack boasts a fully stocked Shooting Gallery, the AI Arena and Metro Museum… And a bonus solo mission – The Spiders’ Nest – offers some new tools for dealing with an infestation of the skittering Spider mutants
- Lastly the Chronicles Pack will feature original single player missions that cast the player as three of the game’s standout characters – Pavel, Khan and Anna – and explore their side-stories away from Artyom’s adventure