Deep Silver has revealed that Metro: Last Light has enjoyed a stunning first week of sales, significantly outselling its predecessor Metro 2033 over the same launch period.
- On Windows PC, the game more than tripled Metro 2033’s worldwide sales over the same opening week period
- In the US, Metro: Last Light sold through more boxed units in its first week of sale than Metro 2033 has managed lifetime to date
- Across all formats worldwide, Metro: Last Light has sold more units in its first week of sale than Metro 2033 managed in 3 months
- Metro: Last Light has shot to #1 in the weekly charts in multiple European territories including Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, and also in the UK, where publisher Deep Silver recorded their fourth straight week at number 1
Metro: Last Light turned out to be surprisingly well done and really made an impression on our reviewer. Deep Silver also announced earlier this week that 4A Games will support Metro: Last Light with a series of original single player content packs throughout the summer. Metro fans can pre-purchase all future DLC at a discount with the Season Pass, now available on Steam, Xbox Live and PSN €14.99 / $14.99 / £11.99 / 1200 Microsoft Points. The Season Pass also grants an additional weapon, the deadly Abzats, a semi-automatic shotgun rifle with a devastating secondary fire mode that unleashes six shells in one blast.
The Season Pass will include:
- The ‘Faction Pack’ and the ‘Chronicles Pack’, featuring new, original single player gameplay that expands on the Metro: Last Light universe and story
- The mysterious ‘Tower Pack’, a unique solo challenge to Metro veterans
- The ‘Developer Pack’, giving creative players some interesting tools with which to explore the world of Metro
Metro: Last Light is available now for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.