Capcom just took us all back to our childhood by announcing DuckTales Remastered, currently in development by WayForward Technologies. DuckTales Remastered be released this summer for $14.99 on PlayStation Network, 1200 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Arcade and $15 on the Wii U eShop.
The DuckTales gang has been brought back to life with absolutely luscious hand-drawn animation so as to better reflect the high-caliber animation Disney’s known for. Every frame of movement from the original is represented, redefined and expanded upon. Even side characters like Launchpad McQuack and Huey, Dewey, and Louie have graduated from static cameos to fully fleshed-out appearances. All the surviving voice-talent from the landmark Disney Afternoon TV series have been reunited to bring the unforgettable characters to life for the first time in years. Yes, even Alan Young – who has provided the unforgettable voice for Scrooge McDuck in almost every Disney game, TV show and movie since 1983 – is once again reprising his role as the irascible water fowl. Capcom also released a trailer, complete with the DuckTales theme song lyrics for singing along.
- Relive the classic TV series from the 1980’s – Follow the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his three nephews; Huey, Dewey and Louie, as they fend off enemies including the Beagle Boys and Magica DeSpell, on their quest to obtain the five most impressive treasures from across the world
- Redefined hand-drawn visuals – Developer WayForward have taken all the original visuals from the 8-bit game and significantly enhanced and recreated them as hand-drawn sprites, across a backdrop of beautifully re-envisioned level backgrounds
- Authentic Disney experience – Some of your favorite Disney characters are brought to life by many of the original voice-over talent from the classic DuckTales TV series and stage backgrounds take their inspiration from the classic TV episodes.
- Learn to pogo – In an all new tutorial level, learn the basic playing skills, including Scrooge McDuck’s iconic pogo jump and cane swing
- Visit the museum – Track your achievements, progress and status on the leader boards in Scrooge McDuck’s new Museum
- Cash in your coins at Scrooge McDuck’s Money Bin – A new playable area, Scrooge’s Money Bin allows players to track the amount of wealth accumulated and even take a swim through his latest spoils
- Digitally enhanced soundtrack – Built from the original versions, the soundtrack for DuckTales Remastered creates more modern amplified iterations of the classic melodies
DuckTales Remastered is currently set to launch this summer on XBLA, PSN and the Wii U e-Shop. Capcom has promised to show more in the months ahead, including the game’s new controls, additional areas, a Duckburg museum to track your progress, remixes of some of the most classic videogame music of all-time, and a money bin that you can actually swim. For those of you too young to know what DuckTales is, Google it. Again, if you aren’t familiar with DuckTales you have to Google it to get why that is totally awesome!!
Check the trailer below.