With the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles receiving the most recent Call of Duty: Black Ops II patches, gamers on the PC finally got to avail of a new patch that will bring a truckload of fixes, ranging from the Campaign mode, Multiplayer mode and Zombies mode.
The patch will also focus on some multiplayer balance issues with certain guns that gamers have complained about, including the additional points now needed to retrieve the UAV Scorestreak.
Good to see Treyarch listen to the community anyway! You can check out the full patch notes below.
- Improved loadtimes when using AMD hardware
- Fix for issues when binding mousewheel to fire
- Using arrow keys to adjust Mouse sensitivity will increment the value by .01
- Fix for some instances of “Error quit was not requested in the main thread”
- Fix for issues with 16:10 displays
- Fix for TXAA not disabling when an unsupported card is detected
- Improvements to ambient occlusion
- Increased Friends list limit to 300
- Joinable friends now sort to the top of the friends list
- Users now have the ability to unlink youtube accounts.
- Added SFX to sliders in options menu
- Fix for knife lunge not working when a gamepad is connected
- Improved film rendering stability and made progression bar more accurate while rendering a film.
- Improved audio/rumble responsiveness when hitting enemies with gunfire.
- Fix for issues with changing the gamepad Button Layout in theater
- Fix for Party host receiving infinite “Reconnecting to Party” message when clicking on “Bring Party” in a post-match lobby.
- Campaign Changes:
- Fix for crash that could occur during credits
- Fix for freeze when unlocking Death From Above achievement
- Matchmaking improvements
- Added Hardcore Kill Confirmed playlist to the Hardcore category
- Game now resets the Care Package for a non-owner if the owner re-rolls the package using the Engineer perk.
- Fix for incorrectly being able to purchase an 11th Create a Class slot
- Collision and clipping fixes on all maps
- Fixed a number of new UI error messages reported by users.
- Improved CoDTV sort filters for browsing content
- Players can now render films in addition to clips
- Removed incorrect SFX for placing from party games
- Fixes for issues with codtv images not loading in
- Bots no longer count towards the party size limit in Custom Games
- Added the ability to “View League Teams” from any player’s Playercard.
- Added the ability to “View Playercard” from League solo leaderboards.
- Map exploit fixes in Meltdown
- Fixes for errors on Express when the train arrives
- “Drop Shot” medal is no longer awarded after standing back up.
- Fix for escort drone cuing incorrect audio
- Added voice chat volume controls
- CoDTV video playback improvemnts
- Fixes for out of sync audio issues in rendered videos
- Fixes for rendered clips showing the wrong length on youtube
- Fixes with “Hacked” items not targeting the correct team
- Shadows seen through sniper scopes now render more correctly.
- Fix for Hijacked minimap displaying incorrectly
- Fix for some equipment not being destructible by Friendly Fire in Hardcore mode
- Fix for final killcams not displaying properly if it is an “Assisted Suicide” kill.
- Fix for Bomb Defuser Challenge not progressing properly
- Fix for Hero Medal not appearing in game at the correct time.
- Fix for XP bar in League Play not displaying correctly
- Fix for teams being kicked from league play when matched against a previously played team
- Fix for crash when getting disconnected while viewing the like/dislike menu of a screenshot
- Fix for partial loss of functionality when theater is started while a party member is in emblem editor
- Fix for Arch Nemesis challenge unlocking incorrectly
- Addressed issues which prevented some master challenges from being completed.
- Fix for friends list showing the wrong rank icon for players
- Fix for Escort Drones spawning under the map
- Added a fail-safe to prevent spawn trapping in CTF.
- Fix for floating corpse models on some maps
- Players can now copy a custom class to the extra prestige slot.
- Improved overall communication of Double XP when enabled.
- AAR better communicates how much XP was earned in each match.
- Fix for issues with having Assault Shield and no secondary weapon
- Thermal vision overlay no longer appears using the VTOL glitch.
- Fix for players not being able to capture their own Care Packages when using the Black Hat PDA in FFA
- Fix for Camera Marker slide bar not functioning correctly
- EMP grenades no longer affect the CODcaster HUD.
- Fix for SFX that plays when player gets in the top 3 in FFA
- Increased sight checks on turrets to improve spawning algorithms.
- Multi-team games no longer count as a tie if an entire team quits.
- Players with Black Hat PDA can no longer hack a Care Package faster than the owner can capture it.
- Addressed a number of issues that would cause friendly/enemy color indicators on equipment and scorestreaks to display as the wrong team.
- Precision challenge “Wet Work” will now unlock with 10 kills.
- The wins challenge will now account for all FFA modes when ending a match with a tie (if you are in the top 3).
- Players that help with the “Synchronized Attack” challenge now get credit for it.
- Players will not be able to manually take control of their AGR if they die at the exact moment that their AGR deploys.
- Players using Ghost will no longer be invisible at all times in Custom Games with the mini-map option set to “constant”.
- Players using Ghost and a Suppressor attachment will no longer appear on the enemy’s minimap while shooting and moving while a UAV is up.
- The median for the K/D graph in the AAR is set to 1.0 instead of 0.0.
- Players can no longer get on top of the shrubs in Nuketown 2025.
- Kills from the explosion on the explosive crossbow bolt now count towards challenges.
- Clan tag is no longer locked immediately after prestige.
- Fixed an area in Express where K9 Unit dogs could get stuck.
- Party Privacy count no longer affects how many bots will spawn in Combat Training.
- Players can no longer stand on invisible collision in Carrier.
MP Gameplay Balancing:
The following is a list of numerous gameplay balancing tweaks that were made after thorough review of statistical data from player usage of weapons, equipment, perks and scorestreaks since launch.
- UAV: cost increased from 350 to 425.
- Lightning Strike: added 750ms delay
- Bouncing Betty: increased the grace period between trigger and activation by 200ms.
- Sensor Grenade: increased the range (now 1000 units), frequency (now 800ms between pings), and amount of time (now 6s) that players appear after explosion.
- Concussion Grenade: decreased movement penalty and turn speed penalty when hit.
- All: increased hip fire recoil.
- All: increased max hip fire spread from 4.75 to 5.
- All: reduced bullet penetration.
- MSMC: increased recoil slightly.
- PDW-57: increased recoil slightly.
- All: reduced idle sway for more reliable long-range aiming.
- M8A1: reduced lethal range of 3-hit kills from 250 to 50 inches.
- M8A1 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- SWAT-556 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- All: increased hip fire spread.
- All + Laser Sight: increased hip fire spread.
- XPR-50: increased recoil slightly.
- R870: reduced one-hit kill range by 45 inches.
- B23R: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1.
- KAP-40: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1
- Fix for Reviving text remains on screen during scoreboard after game ends
- Fix for Mystery Box beacon disappearing after host migration
- Fixes for players getting inside of or clipping into objects in all ZM maps
- Improved zombie AI pathing in all maps
- Fixes for players falling outside of the map for all maps
- Players will now take damage while holding buildable parts
- Fixes for issues obtaining the Jet Gun
- Removed debug text that sometimes appears after host migration
- “You Have No Power Over Me” achievement is now awarded at the correct time
- Fix for infinite loading screen when uploading short clips
- Fix for errors that may occur when viewing long clips
- Fixes for Green flashes appearing when exiting Nuketown Zombies
- Dead players can now text chat with living players
- Added voice chat volume controls
- Fix for players having unbreakable zombie shield
- Fix for issues with multiple players buying the same door
- Fix for incorrect character audio while holding breath with sniper scopes
- Fix for rare issue with players getting stuck in custom game lobby
- Fix for players getting permanent perks
- Fix for persistent upgrades never going away.
- Fix for players not dying when falling from extreme distances after purchasing juggernog in survival modes