Far Cry 3 is already getting rave reviews and we have just a few short days left here in the U.S before its released, if you live in Europe its out tomorrow and if you are an Aussie well you probably already have it. For those of you picking it up on PC, you will be happy to know there is a Day 1 patch for it that should only serve to improve what most reports indicate is already an awesome experience. The day 1 patch takes aim at a multitude of multiplayer, co-op, map editor and single player bugs. Check out the full list of fixes below and be glad you’ll never have to experience them.
- Improved overall Multiplayer stability and performance.
- Added SHOW TOP, SHOW YOU, PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN options in Leaderboards.
- Fix the voice chat issue that would mute players by default.
- Lobby chat can now be accessed when a controller is connected.
- Fixed graphical issues on loading screen hints.
- Fixed the issue that would prevent maps from being displayed or randomized the first time a user enters Public Co-op.
- Health regeneration option no longer has inverted functionality.
- “Flare gun” kills are no longer considered as Assist kills.
- Fixed ground texture resolution.
- Grass surrounding fire spawns no longer remain red on Firestorm maps.
- Improved white objects thumbnails legibility.
- Users can now start a private match in 1 player on user created maps.
- Improved game stability and performance.
- Fixed issues with flickering on specific water textures.
- Fixed small UI glitches related to different display resolutions.
- “Weapon cache” mission: Mission Zone and Mission Marker no longer stays on mini-map and on screen after mission completion.
- Crafting items are now auto selected when entering a new crafting category.
- Added sound when zooming in and out the camera with the mouse scroll button.
As the title indicates, these patch notes detail fixes for the PC version of the game but we wouldn’t rule out the possibility of a similar, perhaps even larger Day 1 patch for consoles. If you are one of the folks lucky enough to have already started playing Far Cry 3, hit up the comments and let us know what you think of Ubisoft’s latest release.