It’s not often a game’s community gets deeply involved with its development process, so DayZ creator Dean Hall was surprised by the community’s eagerness to help Bohemia Interactive out with the zombie survival’s latest patch, version 1.7.3. According to Hall, DayZ gamers helped out with their own fixes, adding to the already half-done patch.
Hall took to the DayZ Forums to reveal the news, “This is the first community and development team generated update for the DayZ mod.
“The half-done 1.7.3 patch was made available to the community, who included many of their own fixes and updates. While dogs are “in” there are some mechanics missing so they cannot currently be used. Both myself and Matt spent a significant amount of time playing this today, and it was fun.
“Many others helped with testing and such. Please get involved with the community development project! There is much being done, new features and content. Official support is also being made available to community development team members for some requests, where possible.”
So what has the community and Bohemia been up to? See for yourself, the full list of patch notes is below.
DayZ Patch Notes Version 1.7.3.
- [NEW] Tents can no longer be placed on concrete.
- [FIXED] Building checks for tent placement (No longer place tents in buildings).
- [FIXED] Tents now are one click place.
- [FIXED] Fixed function for checking if in buildings.
- [UPDATED] Vehicle repair menus now all replaced.
- [NEW] Vehicle menus now list all damaged parts no matter if you have the item or not.
- [NEW] Vehicle repair menus will now let you know the exact item you need to repair on failed repair attempts.
- [FIXED] Vehicle Damage is now fully working.
- [FIXED] Vehicle Killed is now in effect fully destroyed vehicles will now set correct in db.
- [FIXED] Tents Now add and remove from db.
- [FIXED] Food can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.
- [FIXED] water can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.
- [UPDATED] Updated UI control bug.
- [NEW] Toolbox is now needed for all repairs.
- [NEW] Alt-f4 is now locked and will only open your status menu.
- [Fixed] No longer possible to drink/eat/pitch a tent/put on clothes/build sand bags/cat wire/hedgehogs/consume medical supplies/free filled water without consuming the item.
- [FIXED] No longer possible to create axes out of thin air if you already have one
- [FIXED] Switching skins no longer repairs pain shakes/broken legs/resets/dupes/screws/resets ammo
- [FIXED] Duping no longer possible through zombie corpses/etc
- [FIXED] It should now be impossible for a new players spawns to spawn unconscious.
- [FIXED] You can no longer cook infinite free meat from camp fires
- [FIXED] Survivors should no longer pickup a single item at the same time and both receive it.
- [FIXED] You can no longer generate multiple tents while packing up a deployed tent.
- [FIXED] You can no longer change clothes/eat/drink/etc. while in a vehicle
- [UPDATED] ItemWire reduced from 0.06 to 0.01
- [UPDATED] PartEngine updated from 0.01 to 0.06
- [UPDATED] Version info is now displayed correct
- [NEW] New Combat System If you fire a weapon, then you go into combat. During combat, “ABORT” is disabled. (Need to look at the effects with high player counts)
- [NEW] Combat 30 sec timer on all combat actions.
- [FIXED] Zombie death animation is delayed (now it plays instantly)
- [NEW] HiveEXT.dll now replaced with our new version.
- [NEW] Official Hive login is now hard coded into the .dll
- [NEW] New Hive can now set ingame time to custom, local(local server time), static
- [FIXED] Object Gear syncs happen based on radius not just on menu.
- [FIXED] Vehicle Position is now updated with client position.
- [FIXED] Vehicles save fuel properly
Remember, a standalone version of the DayZ mod is in development and will be hitting PC soon, if you want to see what’s coming your way then check out these recently released screenshots. We could also see the mod hit consoles in the future, with Hall meeting with console devs to talk about a possible console version.
Leave any thoughts you have floating around in the comment section below and check out our Facebook page for more of today’s gaming news
Source: DayZ Forums