Madden 13 was a huge changeup for the franchise introducing several huge changes to overall gameplay. Even though at the consumer level reactions were mixed, from an overall gameplay and innovation perspective we thought that Madden 13 qualified as the biggest single improvement in the franchise’s history. With that said though, the folks at EA Sports seem to have gotten carried away with trying to craft a certain type of experience which put a lot of constraints on players that hadn’t been there in the past. As you might have guessed, this didn’t go over well with players. To EA’s credit, they seem to have listened and the game’s next patch that is set to drop around October 16th, pretty much addresses every major complaint that I’ve heard about the game so far. While there will still be things that people want fixed that aren’t, there is no denying that EA hit a lot, if not all the major complaints. We’ve got the full list for you below but to point out a few highlights:
- Ability to edit players in CCM
- Use Custom Rosters in CCM
- Ability to have multiple human controlled teams in offline CCM
As I said those are just a few of the improvements, EA actually put back almost every single thing that fans complained about them taking out. So for all you folks that vowed to take your copy of Madden 13 back if they didn’t put all this stuff back, looks like you are in luck. In addition to major features being put back, the game also adjust practice XP and reducing the frequency of dropped passes on All-Madden difficulty. They fixed the ability where you couldn’t turn Gameflow off, times where player celebrations weren’t triggering properly and much more.
This is probably the single biggest update the game will see this year and if it hits everything it says it will then the game might just be near perfect for most people. We’ve also learned that these updates to CCM will be effective for current leagues except for those using custom rosters. This is a huge thing to clear up ahead of time as often times they are very dodgy about confirming whether changes will be applied to existing CCMs or only new ones. Enough of me telling you what’s coming, check out the full list below and see for yourself. After you do that and have a chance to take it all in, hit up the comments section and let us know how you feel about this one? Is everything you wanted fix in this update? Is anything still missing? Holla at us!!
- Custom Rosters Offline: Added the ability to start an offline career with a custom roster.
- Connected Careers Edit Player: Added the ability to edit gear and information for players in a league.
- Coach Mode in Connected Careers: Added the ability to use coach mode in Connected Careers.
- Changing Schemes in Connected Careers: Added the ability to change offensive and defensive schemes as a coach.
- Offline Play Along in Connected Careers: Added the ability for multiple people to join a CCM game. This applies to coaches only.
- Draft Clock: Added a draft clock during the draft that is displayed on screen if you leave the draft interface to view rosters, depth charts, etc.
- Draft Filter: Added a filter to the draft screen to display players that have been drafted.
- Connected Careers Practice XP: Added the ability for user controlled players to earn extra XP in practice mode through the stats they accumulate.
- Fixed an issue where WRs were dropping too many passes when playing on All Madden difficulty setting.
- Fixed an issue where it was too easy to time the kick meter on FGs and PATs in user vs. user games.
- Fixed an issue where punt returners were moving away from the landing spot if you called a fair catch while letting the CPU control the player.
- Fixed an issue where someone who attempted to bull rush with the R stick once the ball was snapped activated run commit.
- Added over a dozen logic fixes to make our commentary more intelligent.
- Fixed an issue where specific offensive player celebrations were not triggering.
- Fixed an issue where the referee was backwards when calling a penalty.
- Fixed an issue with the Giants away uniforms (missing a sleeve stripe).
- Fixed an issue where Offline Gameplay AI/Logic did not match the logic in Play Now.
- Fixed an issue where playing the game on All-Madden is too easy.
- Fixed an issue where changing the camera setting in CCM game works for single player.
- Fixed an issue where League Sliders had limited impact on difficulty.
- Fixed an issue where the Accelerated Clock did not function in an online CCM game when the option was set to On.
- Fixed an issue where you could not turn on/off GameFlow in CCM.
- Fixed an issue where you were unable to sign Free Agents during the season.
- Fixed an issue where ‘Starting a League’ would reset Player Schemes.
- Fixed an issue where after declining a trade offer, you are no longer able to accept or decline another offer.
- Fixed an issue where you could exploit supersim to run the game clock indefinitely.
- Fixed some spelling and polish issues in the News and Twitter.
- Fixed an issue where a coach could make a contract offer to a user controlled player.
- Fixed an issue where you are forced to select a throwing style for a created player that is not a QB.
- Fixed an issue where turning Auto-Start to off does not save week to week.
- Fixed an issue where you can see rookie overall ratings by accessing the player card of the prospect through Team Needs.
- Fixed an issue where changing Auto-Sub Frequency does not change the correct data.
- Fixed an issue where the profanity filter was preventing offline players from typing in their names.
- Fixed an issue where you can draft a player and then trade down while the draft is paused. The issue resulted in the user keeping both the traded picks and drafted player.
- Fixed numerous crashes.
- Fixed an issue with the in-game pause menu disappearing.
Madden Ultimate Team
- Changed the Packs button to Store Button.
- Condensed Leaderboards and Help menus.
- Implemented the ability to view videos from the hub.
- Implemented Store Panel Changes.
- Moved Auctions/Trades to a separate menu option.
- Fixed several Solo Challenge exploits
- Fixed an issue where the Hail Mary formation in a custom playbook had a blank play that resulted in a broken formation and invisible players if selected
Source: Madden NFL 13 Blog