Assassin’s Creed III will be a sight to behold once gamers get their hands on the title in late October, stepping into the shoes of hooded maestro Connor. Releasing across most platforms in October, PC users will have to wait until November 20 to pick up the game but will no doubt get the best of the graphics, with the snowy lands of America making for some breathtaking scenery. So what kinda PC specifications do you need to play the game?
Ubisoft have now released the minimum PC specifications for Assassin’s Creed III and announced along with, that the game will not support Windows XP to the dismay of many. A version for Windows 8 is said to be in development, but no official announcement has been made. Direct-X compatibility problems are said to be the cause for the Windows XP users being left in the dark, considering it was first released in 2001, I’m sure not many people will be affected. You can check out the minimum specifications below.
Assassin’s Creed III PC Requirements
Minimum System Requirements:
- Supported OS: Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7 (SP1) / Windows 8
- Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E6700 or 3.00 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better
- RAM: 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
- Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher (see supported list)*
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compliant (5.1 surround sound recommended)
- Hard Drive Space: 17 GB
Supported video cards:
- AMD Radeon HD 3870 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series or better
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT / 9 / 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 series or better
Will you be picking up Assassin’s Creed III for PC on November 20th? Let us know in the comment section below and make sure to check out the rustle and bustle of our Facebook Page for more of today’s gaming intel!