Armored Kill is slowly but surely making its way to Battlefield 3 fans worldwide, bringing some big maps and new vehicles for gamers to go to war on. Among the carnage though is some underlying problems developer DICE looks to tackle, the major one being re-balancing the AC-130 Gunship, so Battlefield 3 players can expect a few changes coming their way in a server update landing today. Gamers can expect a downtime of 15 minutes(everyone panic) when the update rolls out at 8:00 UTC.
The tweaks that DICE will be pushing out for Armored Kill are “directly based on community feedback from the past two weeks, aimed at re-balancing the gunship.” Hopefully this will stop the suicidal squad members trying to get a turn on the mammoth in the sky. Some other tweaks will be included also, all which you can check out below or on Battlelog.
Armored Kill – Gunship balancing in server update R31 on September 20th (all formats)
Rationale: This fixes an issue where it was too easy for players to use stationary or mobile AA to shoot down the gunship from the other side of the map.
- Rationale: In Conquest mode, jets have been able to single-strafe a gunship and destroy it. This re-balance will require more skill from pilots to take it down.
- Rationale: Previously, the gunship was moved to the next base so quickly that it was possible to parachute from it into the base before defenders were able to prepare. This tweak will give defenders time to fall back and protect the valuable M-COM stations as intended.
- Rationale: After destroying the gunship in Rush mode, it reappeared too quickly to be well-balanced. With a 50% increase in spawn time for the gunship, defenders will now have more time to focus on the crates and less of a constant overhanging threat from the gunship.
- Rationale: Before this update, the gunship gunners could find the enemy before the round and instakill them when the pre-round timer ran out. Now, it will take a full minute before the gunship will spawn, giving defenders ample time to prepare.
Armored Kill – Other changes in the server update
- Update: Fixed a bug where a new squad leader wasn’t chosen when the current squad leader left.
- Update: Fixed so that MK1A3 uses flechette rounds instead of frag rounds in Gun Master mode for Premium members (non-Premiums already have flechette rounds).
- Update: Fixed a bug with Squad Rush on Sharqi Peninsula where the user was spawned outside the combat area if they deployed shortly after the first M-COM was destroyed.
Will be interesting to see what kind of affect the changes will have on the Gunship and Armored Kill, either good or bad, it’s refreshing to see developer DICE stay on top of things nearly 12 months after the game released.
Have you played Armored Kill? Let us know in the comment section below, or head over to our Facebook page for more gaming news.