So this is finally it, the last of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 content season and what a jam-packed calendar it has been. While Xbox 360 users are indulging in the last of the content drops already(damn you Microsoft), the rest of us have waited for a release date for the final three Elite drops and the Content Collection that will follow. Developer Infinity Ward has finally broken their silence and released the launch dates for the final pieces of the DLC puzzle. recieve
Call of Duty: Elite users on the PlayStation 3 will have their chance to dig into three content drops, all of them multiplayer maps which will land on October 9th, check them out below:
- Decades after fires charred this forgotten mining town, the red rock canyon gains new shades of red as a mid-sized Multiplayer Map in which the surrounding mountains, mine shafts, and equipment sheds craft a perfect setting for combat.
- Head to the Jersey Coast for a sunny afternoon of boardwalk-based Multiplayer battle in which you’ll face your enemies on the beach and fight for dominance at the arcade while still finding time to cut the line at the rollercoaster.
- Wishful thinking won’t keep you safe in New Orleans’ war-torn French Quarter, where a local bombed-out parish plays host to a smaller-sized Multiplayer Map well suited for those who want to run-and-gun amidst the city’s rubble.
If you kept your money in your pocket when Call of Duty: Elite came teasing, you will have to wait a little longer to pick up Content Collection #4: Final Assault. The collection will release a day later on October 10th for non-Premium Elite users on PlayStation 3 and PC, and will consist of the three multiplayer maps shown above and two previously released multiplayer maps, which are:
- A graveyard of rotting ocean liners has not only given birth to a shantytown of locals, but a mid-sized Multiplayer Map populated in chokepoints; providing the perfect setting for shoreline-based combat.
- Trapped on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean, you have nowhere to go but directly at your enemies in this new Multiplayer map boasting helipads, cranes, and countless perches for snipers eager to pick off the competition. Did we mention to look down or else you may fall off?
So that does it comrades, the Modern Warfare 3 content season has had its last hoorah! All we can do now is play all the awesome DLC and wait for Call of Duty: Black Ops II to land in less than two months. I’m sure you have enough to keep you occupied until then.
If you’re looking forward to the content on offer in Modern Warfare 3, let us know in the comment section below, or check out our Facebook page for all of today’s gaming news.