Modern Warfare 3 fans on the PlayStation 3 and PC who decided that Call of Duty: Elite wasn’t up their alley, will be glad to hear that the release date for Content Collection 3: Chaos pack has revealed itself, hitting the platforms on September 13th. This will be the second to last pack released on the Modern Warfare 3 content schedule, with Collection 4 coming sometime in the future.
The pack will feature three Face-Off maps, four Special-Ops Missions, and one brand spanking new game mode. For a more detailed description of what’s on offer, check out the details below.
- Vortex – No storm shelter can keep you safe in “Vortex,” the all-new “Face Off” map that places you just outside the danger zone of a devastating tornado.
- U-Turn – A bombed-out, gridlocked highway provides a perfect backdrop for combatants on this all-new “Face Off” map, where oil fields burn black high above six-lanes’ worth of abandoned cars, buses and paths for attack.
- Intersection – A New York bridge overpass provides the backdrop for this all-new “Face Off” map in which an ultra-condensed 2-block battle zone allows players to fight on the first and second floors of surrounding apartments and bombed-out bodegas.
- Light ‘Em Up – A VIP has been captured and detained within Makarov’s castle, and it’s up to you to breach the fortress and get him out. Take control of a small helicopter, secure the hostage, and evacuate before dawn’s first light in this new Special Ops mission.
- Special Delivery – Deep behind enemy lines, an allied flight crew helplessly awaits their fate at a nearby crash site. Pairing up a soldier on the ground and a helicopter gunner equipped with care packages, the Special Ops mission objective is to overcome the enemy resistance and rescue the allied crew.
- Arctic Recon – Requiring surgical precision by air, land, and sea, this new Special Ops mission tasks you with destroying a Russian battleship by planting beacons for an air strike. Take control of a recon helicopter to reveal the beacon locations before fighting off forces on the ground to make sure the ship never leaves port.
- Vertigo – The luxurious “Oasis” hotel in Dubai hosts the latest Special Ops mission, in which players must use laser-guided RPG’s to dispatch waves of helicopters. Utilize rooftop advantage to defend from waves of enemies, before parachuting to a ground-level exfil point.
- Special Ops Chaos Mode – A whole new way to play Call of Duty, Special Ops Chaos mode delivers the ultimate in arcade mayhem. Experience truly heart-pounding and adrenaline-fueled action while competing for high scores in Resistance, Village, Underground and Dome. Chain kills together against a never-ending onslaught of enemies to increase your combo multiplier and earn performance enhancing perks. Choose your route through each map to optimize weapon pickups, attack, and escape options. Play solo, split screen or online with a friend to take out as many enemies as possible before they take you down or the clock hits zero.
Will you be picking up Content Collection 3? Let us know in the comment section and check out the action-packed trailer for the DLC below![youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRJLE_7a-Nc&hd=1&w=600&h=350]