With nearly everyone talking about upcoming futuristic shooter Call of Duty: Black Ops II, life in Modern Warfare 3 still goes on and downloadable content is still being dished out for the 2011 release. Collection 4: Final Assault will include the last drops of the Modern Warfare 3 content season, with three new multiplayer maps and two already released Elite maps on the cards.
Modern Warfare 3 Xbox 360 users will get Final Assault first on September 6, with PlayStation 3 and PC users receiving it somewhere down the line . The map details can be seen below:
Collection 4: Final Assault
- Gulch: Decades after fires charred this forgotten mining town, the red rock canyon gains new shades of red in “Gulch,” where the surrounding mountains, mine shafts and equipment sheds craft a perfect setting for high-tension combat.
- Boardwalk: Head to the Jersey Coast for a sunny afternoon in “Boardwalk,” where you’ll face your enemies on the beach and fight for dominance at the arcade while still finding time to cut the line at the rollercoaster.
- Parish: Wishful thinking won’t keep you safe in New Orleans’ war-torn French Quarter in “Parish,” where a local bombed-out church plays host to close-quarters combat amidst the city’s rubble.
- Decommission: A nautical graveyard gives birth to a sprawling shantytown in “Decommission,” a mid-sized multiplayer map populated with chokepoints and fortifications.
- Off Shore: An off shore oil rig spreads combat across three platforms in “Off Shore,” leading to skirmishes at every turn. Multiple interconnecting bridges, cramped indoor locations and frequent stairwells constantly challenge navigation throughout.
No doubt a good way to finish off an impressive DLC schedule from developer Infinity Ward and one Treyarch will have to compete with when Black Ops II hits stores in November. Make sure to check out the trailer for Final Assault below and leave your thoughts in the comment section.