The online section of Max Payne 3 has received a quite colossal update recently, with many big upgrades included. Among them is improvements to cheat protection, faster load times and a better party system that allows the ability for party leaders to pull their friends from their game into new ones. According to developer Rockstar Games, the new update “enables Payne Thresholds, which will go live next week across all three platforms following the release of the free Disorganized Crime Pack DLC,” yep it said free!
The update is available for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. If you want the skinny on what it will bring to Max Payne 3, check out the full list below.
Max Payne 3 Patch Notes:
- The new Multiplayer Player Card, which allows you and your friends to track multiplayer stats including current amount of XP, total kills, favorite weapon and more.
- New Automated cheat protection and lag protection measures.
- Improvements to multiplayer load times
- Players can now spawn with dual wield if they have two sidearms and no two-handed weapon quipped
- Polish language support has been added
- Party leader now has the option of taking entire party with them when they back out of a match
- Weapon rank in the Arsenal is now visible on the left side of the screen, not just the right
- The Crew menu is now available inside lobbies
- XP gained for completing Grinds no longer contributes to rankings in Gang Wars matches
- Improvements to the spectator camera in Gang Wars
- Gang Wars wager system improved to better show betting results
Source: Rockstar Games