As many return to the grind of everyday life after the events of Gamescom in Cologne, Germany, all we can really do is reflect on what we saw in the halls of the Koelnmesse and the games that blew us away. One game that seemed to sit well with many at the event was Bethesda’s ‘Dishonored’, with the upcoming title taking home the Best of Gamescom award, Best PlayStation 3 Game and Best Xbox 360 Game. Dishonored wasn’t the only title to get some well-deserved recognition at the event however, Rayman Legends also got in on the action taking Best Console Game for the Wii and Best Family Game as well.
To be honest, it’s no surprise Dishonored took the Best Of Show award, its multiple kill system in-game is offering up some creative ideas and like any Bethesda game, it looks great and runs well. So who else got some much-needed attention at this year’s Gamescom?
List of winners:
- Best of Gamescom – Dishonored (Bethesda)
- Best Console Game PS3 – Dishonored (Bethesda)
- Best Console Game Xbox 360 – Dishonored (Bethesda)
- Best Console Game Wii – Rayman Legends
- Best Family Game – Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
- Best Hardware including Peripheral – Wonderbook: Book of Spells (Sony)
- Best Mobile Game – LittleBigPlanet Vita (Sony)
- Best Online Multiplayer Game – Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- Best PC Game – SimCity (EA)
- Best Social/Casual/Online Game – Warface (Crytek/ Trion Worlds)
We will no doubt see most of these games at the forefront of the industry throughout this year and into 2013. ZoKnowsGaming’s own Mark Coupe got a chance to look at some of the big games that didn’t make the list, so make sure to check out his Assassin’s Creed III preview and his God of War: Ascension preview.
Let us know in the comment section below what games you feel deserved to make it onto the list. Or check out our Facebook page for more news from the gaming universe.