Even with the gaming industry coming under Black Ops II fever as of late, life still goes on and there is always other business to attend to. This business being the Modern Warfare 3: Collection #3: Chaos pack which is available now for all Xbox Live users. The pack will add fresh content to the already jam-packed maps and playlists the game features, with 4 Special Ops missions, 3 Face-Off maps and 1 brand new game mode to embrace.
In the interest of being well-informed, we took the liberty of describing what you will expect from Collection #3.
- Intersection - A New York bridge overpass provides the backdrop for this all-new “Face-Off” map in which an ultra-condensed 2-block battle zone allows players to fight on the first and second floors of surrounding apartments and bombed-out bodegas.
- U-Turn - A bombed-out, gridlocked highway provides a perfect backdrop for combatants on this all-new “Face-Off” map, where oil fields burn black high above six-lanes’ worth of abandoned cars, buses and paths for attack.
- Vortex - No storm shelter can keep you safe in “Vortex”, the all-new “Face Off” map that places you just outside the danger zone of a devastating tornado.
- Special Ops Chaos Mode - A whole new way to play Call of Duty, Special Ops Chaos mode delivers the ultimate in arcade mayhem. Experience truly heart-pounding and adrenaline-fueled action while competing for high scores in Resistance, Village, Underground and Dome. Chain kills together against a never-ending onslaught of enemies to increase your combo multiplier and earn performance enhancing perks. Choose your route through each map to optimize weapon pickups, attack, and escape options. Play solo, split screen or online with a friend to take out as many enemies as possible before they take you down or the clock hits zero.
- Arctic Recon - Requiring surgical precision by air, land, and sea, this new Special Ops mission tasks you with destroying a Russian battleship by planting beacons for an air strike. Take control of a recon helicopter to reveal the beacon locations before fighting off forces on the ground to make sure the ship never leaves port.
- Special Delivery - Deep behind enemy lines, an allied flight crew helplessly awaits their fate at a nearby crash site. Pairing up a soldier on the ground and a helicopter gunner equipped with care packages, the Special Ops mission objective is to overcome the enemy resistance and rescue the allied crew.
- Light ‘Em Up - A VIP has been captured and detained within Makarov’s castle, and it’s up to you to breach the fortress and get him out. Take control of a small helicopter, secure the hostage, and evacuate before dawn’s first light in this new Special Ops mission.
- Vertigo - The luxurious “Oasis” hotel in Dubai hosts the latest Special Ops mission, in which players must use laser-guided RPG’s to dispatch waves of helicopters. Utilize rooftop advantage to defend from waves of enemies, before parachuting to a ground-level exfil point.
Collection #3: Chaos Pack can be downloaded on the Xbox Live Marketplace. Remember Call of Duty comrades, we still have Collection #4: Final Assault to look forward to, which will include 5 multiplayer maps and will release on September 6th. As for Collection #3 release dates for PlayStation 3 and PC, you can expect it around a month from now.
Check out the gameplay trailer below to make the decision to buy a little easier. Also, let us know in the comment section if you are picking up Collection #3, or jump on over to our Facebook page and let us know there.