Electronic Arts has finally released what they recently described as a “Landmark Update” for their popular digital store Origin (formerly EA Store). The update “Origin version 9.0”, will add many new features, as well as fixing some issues the service has had as of late. Electronic Arts has stated that Origin now caters to over 21 million users, along with 9 million mobile users, so the update will bring a facelift to the digital service that will make all the new members who sign up feel at home.
So what does Origin version 9.0 bring to the table? Take a look for yourself, the full list of patch notes can be viewed below:
Origin 9.0 Patch Notes
- Updated the look and feel of the My Games tab.
- Updated game tiles with high-resolution box art.
- Added a slider allowing users to resize game tiles.
- Moved the Download, Install, and Play buttons into game-specific mouse over windows.
- Changed the Mark as Favorite button to a star icon.
- Added new sorting options to the My Games tab.
- Added a refresh button to the My Games tab.
- Moved the Friends List into a standalone window.
- Added the ability to hide the Friends List.
- Added a button to the navigation bar that shows the Friends List if it’s hidden.
- Added new navigation options to the Origin system tray menu.
- Configured the Order History page to display both web and client purchases.
- Added new title bars to a number of windows.
- Improved overall performance of the Origin client.
- Fixed an issue that was keeping some users from being able to patch properly.
- Fixed an issue that was blocking FIFA 12 invites from being sent for some users.
- Additional miscellaneous bug fixes.
With so much attention towards digital downloads this year, it’s important to have the central hub for EA’s digital distribution in top-notch working order. I for one still buy my games from my local shop, I’m just old-fashioned I guess.
What about you? Do you buy your games online more these days? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below, or leave us something to discuss on our Twitter page, don’t worry we we’re friendly.