Capcom dropped a bombshell on Resident Evil fans recently, announcing that fan favorite character Ada Wong will be getting her own campaign story in upcoming zombie horror ‘Resident Evil 6’. Along with the added character will also come a new online mode called Agent Hunt, giving gamers the rare chance to change shoes and roam the streets as flesh-eating zombies.
Ada’s campaign will thrust gamers into unique missions that will provide her perspective on the bioterrorist outbreaks that look to rid the world of humans. You wont be able to just pick up the controller and play as Wong however, first you must buckle down and complete the campaigns for the main characters Leon, Jake, and Chris.
While most are used to running away from zombie hordes, Resident Evil 6 will give you the chance to do the brain eating in the new online game mode ‘Agent Hunt’. The mode will allow the gamer to play as a normal everyday zombie, J’avo or other C-virus mutations. The mode works with a player infiltrating other players’ sessions with the aim of eliminating the non-zombified characters. As a hunter, you will have access to all the crazy movements and attacks of each of the enemies, including various J’avo transformation attacks.
A more detailed description for the upcoming online game mode can be viewed below:
- Complete the main campaigns in Resident Evil 6 for either Leon, Chris or Jake to then unlock the Agent Hunt stages for each of those respective campaigns
- When creating an RE6 gameplay session a player has the option to allow/not allow Agent Hunt
- When a hunter searches for a session to join they will see whether other players from around the world want to allow hunters into their game
- The hunter then picks another player’s session to join and jumps into that session. Please note only certain stages will be available for Agent Hunt sessions
- The agent side can be either a single human player with an AI partner, or two human players in co-op mode. Up to two separate hunters can join an Agent Hunt session. When a hunter dies they respawn in the same session as a different random enemy from that area.
- If the hunter eliminates the agent then they will be taken to a ‘hunt successful’ results screen where they can join another session if they wish.
- If the agent is eliminated then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies.
- If the hunter quits the session then the agent’s game continues as normal with all AI enemies.
Make sure to check out the screenshots of Ada Wong doing her thing below. Resident Evil 6 will launch on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on Tuesday October 2, with a PC version to follow. Let us know your thoughts on the characters arrival to the Resident Evil 6 in the comment section!