Activision has released the details for the last set of content drops for Modern Warfare 3 Elite Subscribers, with plenty of new DLC coming into the frame. The content drops revealed will fill up the previously empty August and September sections on the Content Calendar. Gamers will get new multiplayer maps, Special Ops missions and even a brand new game mode called Spec Ops Chaos Mode – all coming the Xbox 360 first.
The guys at Activision also revealed the release dates for Collection 3: Chaos Pack and Collection 4: Final Assault, which will include previously released content along with upcoming DLC. Check out below for a better description of what lays ahead.
August Elite Drops
The August Content Drops for Modern Warfare 3 will include two brand spanking new Special Ops mission and stylish new game mode that will get those try-hards foaming from the mouth. the August drops will release to Xbox Elite subscribers on August 7th.
- Light ‘Em Up – A VIP has been captured and detained within Makarov’s castle, and it’s up to you to breach the fortress and get him out. Take control of a small helicopter, secure the hostage, and evacuate before dawn’s first light in this new Special Ops mission.
- Special Delivery – Deep behind enemy lines, an allied flight crew helplessly awaits their fate at a nearby crash site. Pairing up a soldier on the ground and a helicopter gunner equipped with care packages, the Special Ops mission objective is to overcome the enemy resistance and rescue the allied crew.
- Spec-Ops Chaos Mode – Special Ops Chaos mode delivers the ultimate in arcade mayhem. Experience truly heart-pounding and adrenaline-fueled action while competing for high scores in Resistance, Village, Underground and Dome. Chain kills together against a never-ending onslaught of enemies to increase your combo Multiplier and earn performance enhancing perks. Choose your route through each map to optimize weapon pickups, attack, and escape options. Play solo, split screen or online with a friend to take out as many enemies as possible before they take you down or the clock hits zero.
Collection 3: Chaos Pack
The collection will release for all Xbox users on August 9th and will include the content seen above, as well as already released, pint-sized Face-Off maps ‘Vortex’, ‘U-turn’ and ‘Intersection’. It will also include Special Ops missions ‘Vertigo’ and ‘Arctic Recon’, so you have plenty of different avenues of fun to take with the large collection.
September Elite Drops
September’s content will see three new multiplayer maps taking the stage, thus bringing an end to the content season for Modern Warfare 3. With a variety of content making its way to Call of Duty fans since January, it’s fitting to end such a jam-packed DLC schedule with the much-loved multiplayer maps. The content drops will be available to Xbox Elite subscribers on September 5th.
- Gulch – Decades after fires charred this forgotten mining town, the red rock canyon gains new shades of red as a mid-sized Multiplayer Map in which the surrounding mountains, mine shafts, and equipment sheds craft a perfect setting for combat.
- Boardwalk – Head to the Jersey Coast for a sunny afternoon of boardwalk-based Multiplayer battle in which you’ll face your enemies on the beach and fight for dominance at the arcade while still finding time to cut the line at the rollercoaster.
- Parish – Wishful thinking won’t keep you safe in New Orleans’ war-torn French Quarter, where a local bombed-out parish plays host to a smaller-sized Multiplayer Map well suited for those who want to run-and-gun amidst the city’s rubble.
Collection 4: Final Assault
The final curtain of released content for the shooter will include the three multiplayer maps above and two already released maps, ‘Decommission’ and ‘Off-Shore’. This will bring the total of large-scale maps in the game to 28, which is quite a lot. The five map collection will be available to Non-Elite users on September 6th.
That ends what has been the biggest release of DLC for the Call of Duty franchise since its creation and probably not the last with Black Ops 2 just around the corner. It will be interesting to see what direction Activision will go with DLC when the futuristic shooter releases on November 13th, we will just have to wait and see.
Make sure to drop us a comment in the section below with your thoughts on the Modern Warfare 3 content season and how you think it performed.