There are serious gamers, then there are SERIOUS gamers. If you fall into the latter category then you might well be interested in dropping $300 on a gaming headset. Don’t worry though, this isn’t your common or garden set of cans, this set means business.
Designed by Turtle Beach, the Ear Force Tango headset is specifically themed around Call of Duty: Black Ops II and is set for release at the same time as the game. As well as a nifty design and top quality components it also features voice presets recorded by the actual voice artists on Black Ops II. The full list of features as detailed on the Amazon website are as follows:
- Black Ops II Voice Prompts – Voice prompts recorded by the actual voice actors in Black Ops II announce when the headset is powering on, pairing, battery is low, and more.
- Memory Foam Ear Cushions – Premium materials for enhanced comfort and styling.
- Dolby® Digital 5.1 Surround Sound – Immersive 360 degree audio lets you pinpoint the direction of every sound.
- 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band Wi-Fi – Selects the optimum frequency in the 2.4 GHz/5 GHz spectrums, virtually eliminating interference.
- Dual-Pairing Bluetooth – Chat wirelessly, answer mobile phone calls or listen to streaming music while gaming.
- Adjustable Surround Sound Angles – Alter the positioning of the surround sound angles to customize your audio experience.
- Voice Morphing – Disguise your voice by changing the sound from deep lows to screeching highs.
- Sonic Lens™ with Sound Field Expander – Widen or narrow the sound field to focus on sound cues that are difficult to hear like enemy footsteps.
- Ear Guard ™ with Blast Limiter – Limits the intensity of deafening sounds like explosions and gunfire.
- Wireless Xbox Live and PSN Chat – Enjoy complete wireless freedom without the need for chat cables.
- Rechargeable Battery – Provides up to 15 hours of uninterrupted gameplay and can be recharged while gaming.
- Variable Microphone Monitor – Adjust the level of your voice heard in the headset, so you won’t have to shout.
- Digital Optical Connection – Delivers the highest quality of digital surround sound.
If you can’t quite stomach the asking price, Turtle Beach is also producing some less pricey Black Ops II themed sets.
So what do you guys reckon? The headset does look impressive and is quite possibly the best gaming headset ever released, but $300 is a lot of money, and do you think it will quickly become dated in a couple of years when everyone has forgotten about Black Ops II? Let us know what you think below. I think we can all agree that the name is awful though!