As we wait patiently for Need for Speed: Most Wanted to kick into gear and race towards adoring fans this October, we contemplate in what shape we pick the game in, be it in-store or online. To make our decision somewhat easier, Electronic Arts has released details on all the goodies expected when you pre-order Need for Speed: Most Wanted from selected retailers or online via the Origin store. EA isn’t being greedy either, shelling out Car Unlocks, Multiplayer Modifications and Double Speed Points to those who take part in the deal.
Like most games, Need for Speed: Most wanted will have a Limited Edition run, with the Edition only available through pre-order, so get them while they’re hot. The Limited Edition Bonuses will Include:
- Four hours of Double Speed Points: Players earn double speed points throughout the first four hours of multiplayer.
- 2012 Porsche 911 Carerra S: Optimized Aerodynamic Body that reduces drag for maximum speed and Nitrous Burn, delivering efficient and sustained speed boosts.
- Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale: A Race Pack Powertrain tuned for increased power and the impact protection modification to provide increased stability and strength when driving at breakneck speeds.
The Limited Edition will also include pre-order booster packs, which will vary depending on where you pre-order from. The packs offer early access to multiplayer cars with different modifications, including speed, power or strike, it’s down to you how you roll out.
- Speed Pack: The Caterham Superlight R500 in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Track Tyres Modification for improved road handling, and the Lightweight Chassis Modification allowing players to reach mesmerizing speeds.
- Strike Pack: The Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Power Pack Powertrain Modification for an engine tuned for torque, acceleration and the ability to reach breakneck speeds, and the Re-inflating Tyres Modification making it easier to survive and counter rivals’ attempts to slow players down.
- Power Pack: The Ford F-150 SVT Raptor in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Reinforced Chassis Modification for taking increased damage, and the powerful and violent Nitrous Dump Modification for making tight jumps and powered up takedowns.
“In Need for Speed Most Wanted, everything players do earn them Speed Points which are used to compete to be the Most Wanted amongst their friends” Criterion Games Executive Producer Matt Webster, said recently. “Fans with the Limited Edition or pre-order packs will have additional cars to choose from on day one, cars that fit how they like to compete in multiplayer, whether it’s going for the highest top speed, farthest jump, or the fastest race time.”
A solid pre-order bonus like this will set the racer on the right track to sell more copies, with Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit putting the franchise back on the map, it will be important for Most Wanted to equal or outperform its predecessor. Need for Speed: Most Wanted is available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, PlayStation Vita, iOS and Android in the US on October 30 and in Europe on November 1. Let us know in the comment section if you plan on picking it up.