Good news comes to the owners of Sprint’s HTC EVO 3D and HTC EVO Design. According to the Sprint Community Blog, “The Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, update will begin rolling out to users by early August. “ Though no exact dates were listed for the update, Sprint does give some information on the update:
When your device is eligible for the update, it will notify you to download. Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to install the update. Installation will take a few minutes, and your device will be disabled during the installation process. It will be ready to use when the process is complete.
Additionally, the enhancements and features users can expect are:
- A refined, evolved user interface that is simple, beautiful and useful
- Face Unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile
- Redesigned camera app which introduces Scenes like Panorama, and Effects such as Vignette, Depth of Field, Vintage and Posterize
- Web browser now lets you sync Google Chrome™ bookmarks, request full desktop versions of sites, see your open tabs in a new layout
- People: browse friends, family and coworkers, see their photos in high-resolution and check their latest status updates from Google+
- Improved keyboard with incredibly accurate typing, an inline spell checker and improved copy and paste support
- Redesigned Gmail™ app that now lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly and search for emails even without a data connection
- Google+ integration that lets you hangout and video chat with up to 10 friends using your front-facing camera
So there’s only a couple more weeks remaining before the update hits your device. Whenever it does, don’t forget to come back and let us know how good or bad it really is!