Rovio, creators of Angry Birds, have announced their next gaming franchise, Amazing Alex. For those unfamiliar with the title, the teaser page states “Meet Amazing Alex! With his boundless imagination, this whiz kid turns everything into adventure! From cleaning his room to battling cardboard robots in his backyard, Alex creates amazing chain reactions to get the job done. Now he has some challenges for you! What’s the most creative solution YOU can create? With 100 challenging levels, there’s a whole world of creations to explore!”
Amazing Alex will launch on Android & iOS devices on July 12th, and will more than likely be the top download of the week in both App Stores. And as far as what you’ll get in this first release, have a look at the list below.
- There will be 100 levels available at launch.
- Ability to build and share your own levels using 35 interactive objects. This was one of the coolest features in Casey’s Contraptions, so it’s awesome to see that it’ll still be there. You will be able to upload and share your crazy Rube Goldberg levels and challenges right within the game.
- Free regular updates.
- Four locations at launch. By locations they’re likely referring to locations in Alex’s house, such as his bedroom, the office, bathroom, etc.
- Multiple ways to solve a level. There will likely be stars to collect, but there won’t be just one way to obtain them.
- Share your solutions! Like in Casey’s Contraptions, Rovio has said you’ll be able to share your solutions with your friends as well as see what solutions they came up with.
Now of course Rovio knows you want to see some more action before the game launches, and so they have released a new video of the title. Check it out below and let us know what you think! How many of you will be downloading this in a couple of days?