Bravely Default: Flying Fairy will only have one save file when it releases in Japan on October 11. The reason for this, at least according to producer Tomoya Asano, is due to an unnamed wireless feature, which makes system saves unnecessary.
In addition to this, Andriasang translated various Tweets from Asano, and uncovered the following details:
- There are random encounters
- There is a fourth male character who is yet to be identified
- The meaning of “Bravely Default” will be better understood after the game is cleared
- The graphics of the character will be based off of the character’s job, though some special accessories and equipment will be shown
- Most in-game events are voiced, and main characters have a massive speaking role in the game
Although the situation is not ideal, I’m certainly excited for the release of this game as the next big Square Enix RPG (presuming it comes to North America). And besides, Pokémon has been doing it for years!