Modern Warfare 3 bundle, ‘Content Collection 2′ has broken free from the chains of Xbox 360 timed-exclusivity and is now available for all PlayStation 3 and PC users. The collection consists of three multiplayer maps, 2 new Spec-ops missions and two Face-off maps to go along with the two free Face-Off maps already released. The price for the bundle is set at $14.99 and can be downloaded from the PlayStation Store and Steam.
This being the second collection to be released, Call of Duty gamers have a lot of content to dig into, so to get a better feel for the maps and missions, here’s a description of what to expect.
- Oasis: Though once a picturesque escape for vacationers, the sprawling Hotel Oasis is now a Multiplayer paradise, with multiple lanes of combat built atop an ancient fortress.
- Sanctuary: Suspended in the air one thousand feet up, you’ll battle more than altitude in the towering sandstone monasteries of Central Greece. Formed over millions of years, this sanctuary’s natural rock pillars have repelled invading armies and withstood the ravages of time but now they’ll face your deployment. Test your skills—and the ancient monks’ craftsmanship—with your arsenal of SMG’s, assault rifles and shotguns. Just remember: don’t look down.
- Foundation: Journey into the heart of South Korea for a decommissioned concrete factory where the cement flows and bullets fly. After decades of constructing roads and buildings, the towering facility is now a perfectly-constructed combat zone for sniping and run-and-gun rules of engagement. Don’t stand in awe of the towering concrete crusher at the center of the factory unless you want to see your kill ratio meet the same fate.
Special Ops Missions:
- Ironclad: With one player helming a tank and the other escorting it on foot, you’ll clear beaches and take cover in plane wreckage as you escape Hamburg from behind enemy lines in this all-new Special Ops Mission.
- Killswitch: An intense new Special Ops Mission that places your two-man team deep in enemy territory. Your mission – cripple a Russian carrier by detonating an Electromagnetic Pulse. Be the soldier on the ground, making your way to the detonation site, or play the sniper providing vital cover fire from a vantage point high above the city. Work together or risk getting overrun by a horde of hostile forces.
- Getaway: The first “Face Off” map in Modern Warfare franchise history, what once was a tropical beach getaway boasting exotic aquariums and oversized pools is now a haven for ruthless run-and-gun violence.
- Lookout: Carved into a combat-weary mountainside, this new “Face Off” map pits you against your opposition in a forward observation base littered in chokepoints and tight corridors.
So there you have it, a little something for everyone, whether it be teaming up or taking names, Content Collection 2 has it all. If you want to see the maps in visual form, make sure to check out the launch trailer for the bundle below. Let us know what you think about Content Collection 2 in the comment section.