It was a sad day when it was announced that Aliens: Colonial Marines had been delayed into 2013. The game has looked very impressive in every preview and trailer, and a focus on the storyline and fitting everything into the Aliens history is also nothing but good news. If you just cant wait until next year to sample some Alien goodness, then console yourself by checking out these pre-order and Collector’s edition goodies.
First of all, Gamestop (US only I’m afraid at the moment) is offering some interesting DLC for the multiplayer side of the game as part of a pre-order incentive. If you reserve the game at one of their stores you can grab the following:
- Four Playable Movie Characters
- Players will be able to fight for their squad’s survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone.
- Additional Marines Character Customization Options
- Ripley’s Flamethrower
All very cool I’m sure you will agree. Even more exciting though is the Collector’s Edition of the game, currently listed at $99.99. In addition to the DLC above, you will receive:
- Powerloader Figurine in Limited Edition Xeno Hive Box
- Exclusive Multiplayer Weapons
- Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers
- Phase Plasma Rifle
- Exclusive Game Level
- USCM Academy Firing Range
- USCM Dossier
- Mission Brief
- USS Sephora Schematic
- Recruitment Card
- LV-426 Recon Photo
- USCM Iron-on Badges
- USCM Graduation Certificate
So is the additional content on offer worth the other $50 or so in that case? The figurine and box sounds cool but personally I’m not sold on the merits of owning your own ‘USCM Graduation Certificate’ or ‘Iron-on Badges’ – what do you guys think? Will you be picking this up?