Capcom has announced that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Resident Evil 6 will now be released globally on October 2, 2012, with the Windows PC version to follow. This may actually be a first for us, I don’t know that we have ever reported a major title like this being pushed up this much, Resident Evil 6 was originally supposed to be released on November 20th. The good news didn’t stop there though as Capcom went on to reveal new game details, another awesome trailer and a ton of new screenshots. First for some game updates.
Resident Evil 6 features three distinct, yet interwoven story threads, each with their own pair of protagonists for either solo or co‐op play, both offline and online.
- Leon S. Kennedy is paired with US government agent Helena Harper.
- Chris Redfield teams up with fellow BSAA member Piers Nivans.
- The previously mysterious mercenary has now been revealed as Jake Muller, son of the infamous Albert Wesker. Jake is joined by Sherry Birkin, the daughter of former key Umbrella scientists, William and Annette.
A New Threat
- RE6 introduces the highly virulent C‐virus that has been unleashed on an unsuspecting and unprepared world, creating new and deadly transformations. Zombies make a return to the Resident Evil series, but can now run, jump at players and even use weapons, making them far more challenging than in previous games.
- The enemy creatures known as J’avo first came to prominence in the conflict zone of Eastern Europe and have the ability to regenerate when injured.
- The C‐virus also gives rise to the Chrysalide, where a full metamorphosis occurs, spawning a whole host of horrific creatures.
Now check the trailer and screenshots and let us know what you think in the comments.