The folks at Lightbox Interactive have revealed that we will finally be able to get our hands on Starhaw on May 8th. For those of you that aren’t quite sure if Starhawk is for you, keep in mind that the public beta starts today.
Before you get started, here are some helpful pieces of info for you courtesy of the Lightbox team:
Who gets in and when?
As we move forward we’ll invite more and more players into the mix. Check out our official Beta Info page at StarhawkTheGame.com for our current schedule..
What is a Beta?
For all you newcomers, a Beta is a real world “in the wild” test of the core game systems and gameplay. It is NOT a demo. Most of the final game features are not included. You can, however, expect to have loads of fun.
Everything mentioned in the video with a ton of fixes, updates, etc. At the start we’re adding the following content on top of Private Beta content…
- Classic Arcade Flight-Mode: Private Beta players asked for it and we’re happy to include the classic arcade flight from Warhawk.
- Host Migration: When the host leaves the game, the hosting duties transfer to another player and gameplay will continue, provided the option is checked.
- Language Support: European and Japanese languages are included. Korea, China, Latin America and Brazil will be in English…but these will include the appropriate languages for the full game.
- Skills: Players will be able to collect unique Skills to use in gameplay based on their performance. PlayStation Network Friend Integration: Friends status, messages, and friend requests.
- Bug Fixes: Lots and lots of bugs have been addressed.
That’s everything you need to know about the public beta, so what are you waiting for hop on and download the durn thing.