Dead Island has been out for a while now and despite a couple of huge bumps in the road the game has scored solid following. There is also a movie in the works and it looks like a second game in the series is almost a lock. For those of you that have been banging away at the game since it released and struggled through some of the more severe issues (corrupted and lost save data), you are in luck as Deep Silver has announced a massive patch is on the way that should improve gameplay and stability substantially.
Surprisingly, PS3 owners will be able to grab the patch tomorrow but Xbox 360 owners are the ones who have to wait an extra day. The patch has already been released for PC so there doesn’t look like there is anything that console players will have to worry about breaking the game. In the meantime, you can check out just what you can expect from the upcoming patch.
- Level cap raised to 60
- New blueprints for weapon mods added
- Infected damage reduced
- Infected no longer interrupt player attacks
- A series of improvements to subsequent playthroughs implemented:
- quest XP rewards adjusted
- XP rewards for challenges adjusted
- in subsequent playthroughs XP is awarded for all quests completed in co-op
- Purna’s ammo carrying capacity increased by 50%
- Character state from a save game can now be loaded when using the Start from Chapter option
- New balancing option added: enemy levels can now be adjusted independently for each co-op player
- Players respawn with more health
- Picklock skill level required to open a lock is now clearly indicated
- Improved rewards in weapon crates
- All weapon crates now contain rewards
- Kick ability balanced, now requires stamina
- Items can now be picked up instantly; this is reflected in adjusted animations
Fixes and interface improvements
- Fix: players are no longer left without a weapon after dropping the equipped item and healing with a medkit.
- Fix: equipped items no longer swap mysteriously after drinking an energy drink
- Tweak: healing with medkits from inventory works better, makes smarter choices of medkits
- Fix: loot from dead enemies is now always identical for all co-op players
- Fix: Purna no longer finishes her Fury with fists equipped
- Fix: map tracking after death
- Fix: zone info in the quarantine zone (City of Moresby)
- Tweak: respawn point selection is now smarter
- Improved stability and network performance in co-op
- Quest and reward fixes implemented
So now that you don’t have to worry about any more game crushing bugs (we hope), who’s going for platinum?