It has just been revealed that Street Fighter X Tekken will be released on March 6 in North America and March 9 in Europe. Street Fighter X Tekken producer Yoshinori Ono revealed a ton of new info, including the revolutionary Gem System, an all-new customizable power-up system that creates an exciting way for everyone to experience the Street Fighter and Tekken fighting systems. Choose from dozens of Gems that modify characters’ abilities and stats. Now this is what a special edition should be like.
Ono-san also announced the Special Edition of Street Fighter X Tekken for North America, which includes:
- Street Fighter X Tekken game
- Build-It-Yourself Arcade Cabinet Bank (approximately 5”H)
- Exclusive Prequel Comic Book by UDON
- 36 Gems: Includes All Pre-Order Packs Plus An Exclusive Pack
- Pre-Order Bonus: Nine Exclusive Gems Only Available For Pre-Ordering Special Edition
- Total of 45 Gems When You Pre-Order
Street Fighter X Tekken delivers the ultimate tag team match up featuring iconic characters from each franchise, and one of the most robust character line ups in fighting game history. Street Fighter X Tekken is headed to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2012, and Ono-san announced that a PC version has just began development. More details on the PlayStation Vita version and the PC version will be revealed in the future.