2K Games and Gearbox Software announced today that the Duke Nukem Forever Hail to the Icons Parody Pack, the first add-on content for the game is now available for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. This downloadable package contains three new multiplayer modes, four all-new multiplayer maps that parody some of gaming’s iconic battlegrounds and four new weapons – all for just $9.99 or 800 Microsoft points. If you were part of the Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club prior to launch can download the package for free. The game itself has also seen a price reduction and is now available for $29.99.
Hail to the Icons Parody Pack includes:
- Three All-New Modes – Freeze Tag provides some of the best team gameplay in Duke Nukem Forever. Players cooperate to freeze and shatter their opponents in succession for huge point streaks and combos. See who can hold on to the babe the longest in Hot Potato, and play free-for-all Duke-style in Hail to the King.
- Call of Duke – Duke engages in modern combat in a war-torn city. Foes don’t stand a chance against Duke when he spams the map with the N00b T00b.
- Sandbox – Players take the role of mini-Duke in a giant sandbox with two bases at either end made out of children’s toys. This map features Sticky Bombs.
- Inferno – Time machine engage! Duke does combat in a hellish landscape of lava and teleporters. Who turned on the 16-bit graphics, and more importantly, where did this DFG come from?
- 2Forts1Bridge – Hats? Duke loves hats. Give him a mini-gun and take down all comers.
The game was widely seen as a disappointment but if you were a fan from back in the day at the reduced price it “might” be worth a whirl.