So, the Battlefield 3 beta has obviously been out for a few days now and the results are already piling in and DICE is taking note. That’s right people, a game developer is actually listening to your input during the beta. (Scary, right?) Anyway, without beating it to death, DICE has provided the list below as the first of many updates they are intending to wrap into the final release:
- Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
- Fixed kill-cam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
- Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
- Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
- Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
- A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
- Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
- Tweaked the Rank progression.
- Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
- Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
- Frame rate stability fixes.
- The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
- Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
- Non working options in squad menu fixed: “Private” flag and “Switch Teams”.
Looking this over, it seems clear that DICE is dedicated to making the right fixes over time. The other note on this is that people should be submitting things as they find them and take advantage of a developer that is listening!